I have a very particular set of skills - 3 box question on Mangler

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by nothingtoseehere, Mar 12, 2019.

1. nothingtoseehere New Member

I am looking for a 3 box that I can use as a named/rare killing unit.

A little backstory: I live overseas and during my normal play-time the server population isn't always at its highest (yes, at launch the new servers will be crazy 24/7, but I'm looking at a year down the road, minimum). I will be maining an enchanter in groups for most of my playtime, but when the server population is low, I'd like to go around from zone to zone hunting for named.

The enchanter will be my main (with a charm pet), and I will want ports and tracking to search the maps as quickly as possible. This means that undoubtedly I will need a druid as well. So, I have been considering the following trios, and listed some pros and cons of each.

enc/dru/mag - gets coth and focus items later but for straight up named assassination seems a wizard would be better/faster; how long could a mag pet even tank on enc charm breaks? I heard they nerfed them badly

enc/dru/wiz - high burst dps for named kills; enc/wiz have the ability to form AE PL groups after classic (krono farming), but redundant ports/snares, no extra utility

enc/dru/cler - 3 different armor classes; seems a very safe way to play (especially with rezzes); lacking in dps

enc/dru/sk - 3 different armor classes; actual tank for enc pet breaks; gain fd for pulling (though paci-pulling is effective most times); group could still be viable after enc pets are nerfed?; lacking in dps? (I don't know much about SKs pre-GoD)

Any things that I missed or any suggestions/recommendations?
  2. Gana Augur

Substitute a Ranger for the Druid for max tracking, use the Wiz for porting.
  3. sumnayin2 Augur

Then how is he going to heal himself? lol

I think Enc/Clr/Dru is your best bet but i'd probably do Enc/Dru/SK
  4. Jontrann Augur

Out of the setups you recommended enc/dru/sk will be the best in the long run.
  5. Gana Augur

I used Enc/Rng as a 2 box...worked well enough. What's going to hit him?
  6. Norok Journeyman

Your "need" for ports is really going to slow you down. To really work well 40+ you have to have a cleric to CH pet. That makes druid a good starting option but you will have trouble later on. Forget the SK idea. Once you get good at your enchanter you will find reaching over to hit taunt is more dangerous than just trying to mez/spam heal. You won't get any DPS bonus from SK either.

I'm really partial to Ench/Cler/Mage for pure synergy. You might find Ench/Cler/Wiz to give you the power and ports you need.