I got my account suspended for 7 days for Inappropriate Character Name

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by davnegsep, Jul 24, 2021.

1. davnegsep Journeyman

Greeting:
    I need help because I got my account suspended out of the blue for for 7 days for Inappropriate Character Name. The problem is that the e-mail do not specify what character name was inappropriate and I do not know what to do when I get my account back. I didn't get any warning about any of my character name and in fact , I know about players GM asked them in tell to change name. Can anyone help me ? I do not think any of my character has inappropriate name because I have been playing for 2 month so far and never had this issue .
    Thank you.
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

You will have to petition the matter. Posting here will accomplish nothing. If needed, make a FTP account and petition with that account. This forum is intended as a place where players can players. The title of the forum is rather vague on that. Most likely, your account will be out for about seven days, but petition it and see.

P.S. I rather doubt that you don't have a pretty good idea of the character name they are referring to.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Hmm they used to just give you a warning and a chance to change the name. Then if you did not change it you would get suspended. Or sometimes they would just change it for you, then you could buy the name change and change that to something else.

Never got that warning?

Or maybe your characters name was so bad they did an immediate suspension.

But, yes I would make the new free account and petition from that asking them why they did not follow their own rules that say:
    Character names that are found to be in violation of any of any section of this policy may be changed at any time by our Customer Service Team regardless of when the name may have been created.

But it also says they have the choice on how to handle it.

So here is the naming policy to help you clear it up - I would suggest you buy the name changing thing in the marketplace as soon as you get back on and change it. Or just delete that character.

https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/230628107-What-is-the-EverQuest-Naming-Policy-

PS you were reported by another player. They do not police for inappropriate names.
    Yinla likes this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

You mentioned in your other thread you have to random generated names, I could be one of those I know of at least 1 which is a bit suspect. If its that one it needs removing from the random generator and everyone who picked it should get a name changed.

As CatsPaws has said they used to just change the name or give you a warning to change it, this seems a little heavy handed.

Names are a problem as those that are acceptable in some cultures are not acceptable in others, and being worldwide it isn't always easy to notice what offends.
  5. Tyke666 New Member

What sux is that other players (that may not like you) can get your name suspended because it offends THEM (and no-one else). I have had that happen and had to change a standard name. It seems there is little vetting done and the powers-that-be just don't want to risk anyone being offended.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Nope. Pretty sure Daybreak will never suspend someone because ONE person does not like their name. What was the name you were forced to change? My suggestion is read the naming rules first. Not sure

Sometimes names slip past filters and Daybreak staff because they are not all knowing. Sometimes things are offensive and they just don't know it. The name still has to have violated their naming policies to require a change though.

Personally I think there should be a button on the character creation screen that lets you view the naming rules for the game. The way it is now you have to go to the online site and look up the rules. Having them more visible might save CS work later down the line.