I gave it a shot!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Graystone, May 25, 2015.

1. Graystone Journeyman

So I gave it a shot. leveled a cleric some in Ragefire, it wasn't bad if you got in. I preferred when there was not a que system. However, I only subbed to the game to play on the progression server (everything else is free) and I'm basically paying to stare at server select. I have at least gotten to log in for a few times, I feel really bad for you guys that have not yet!
  2. idej Augur

You're playing during the opening weekend, which also happens to be a holiday. I would hold off judgement until tomorrow when they are back in the office and see what moves they make.
  3. Gravija New Member

It's weird that the longer I'm in the queue, the more I want to play. I've been on my Enchanter a few times over the weekend and after spending 3 hours in a queue tonight, I'm finally in! It sucks to have to wait so long, but as others have said, this was a holiday weekend so a ton of people had oodles of free time to be on. It'll clear up as we go on.
  4. Graystone Journeyman

I understand this. I can be patient and I was for numerous three hour queue times and multiple problems at the initial launch, like many other people on these forums. However, this is a service that we, as a majority, are paying for. This would be the same paying for my TV or Internet provider and only getting to watch TV or use the internet for a few hours a day after waiting several hours for it to turn on. Lol. My patience has worn out, and honestly this type of disappointment should not come from something that I pay for entertainment. But that is just my opinion.
    Tronk likes this.
  5. idej Augur

So does this mean you don't play any MMO when they have a big launch? Because I can tell you this is normal. I am actually impressed the server didn't crash over the weekend. The problem is it is a holiday and they have a skeleton crew on. You will see a lot more communication tomorrow but these people do have the right to have a life outside of work. Long queues does not constitute as an emergency to call them in to fix.
    Steampunk likes this.
  6. sirgijoe Journeyman

i have played many MMO at launch and not had a queue to log in.

i have seen emulated game servers with more customer support than this.
  7. Tronk Augur

The problem is that you use "everyone is playing at once!" as the reason for overcrowding. Sure, it will be less crowded when most people are working (likely that also applies to Graystone as well ... low server queues are of no value to him when he is at work).

Eventually everyone comes home and they try to log in to play. It wouldn't surprise me if evening traffic and nest weekend also end up with queues. If they don't it means people have given up.

Success of the server would be if it remained busy (but not at capacity). But, chances are a lot of people will just assume it's not a fixable problem and they will do chargebacks to their credit cards. Sure, they may get perma-bans, but who really cares? A new account is free, should people someday decide to give things another chance.