I feel sorry for the devs...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Cicelee Augur

Obviously tensions and stress is high for the players. Obviously something is wrong with the patch that is delaying it. I am sure the devs are trying their hardest to fix things. Maybe they do not know how to fix it, which is causing lots of stress and long hours.

Sending some positive vibes to the dev team as they try and fix the game and patch...
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

3. Leoo New Member

Devs are home in bed. Why do ya feel sorry for them?
  4. Thunderkiks Augur

I'm right there with you Cicelee. Not to mention they have been working on this over 14 hours now. I thought my work day was long at 12. Hope they get it done soon so they can go home to their families. I wont see mine for a few more days.
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

It's only 8:39 P.M. in San Diego. Lots of time to stay awake.
  6. AnzoRagespirit Augur

Yah it sucks that this happens ( frequently ) but that's what happens when you take an entire team / department of people and completely gut it ( talking about the firings that happened when Sony sold out to CN ) they just don't have the staff to keep up with the game anymore so extended down times are something that we just gotta get used to.

My question is...why on their Facebook page they post job fairs for people to join the DBG team but yet it doesn't seem like they actually hire anyone.
  7. Damocles18 New Member

I'm glad they are at least giving a periodic update/check-in this time. Very simple communication works wonders in diffusing some of the growing tension among the playerbase. Last time this happened in April, the community reps just went dark on comms after a vague mention of extended downtime and didn't bother to check in with the community at all until pretty much the next day, about 10+ hours later. It was pretty much a lesson in how not to handle a customer service failure by compounding it with yet another customer service failure. This time it's a bit better, as frustrating as the situation may be.
  8. Leoo New Member

Its been over 14 hours. California state law prohibits working past 14 hours.
  9. Damocles18 New Member

Yeah, tell that to all those law firms in LA. Lol
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

If true, I broke that law a LOT back in the day.
  11. Leoo New Member

Law firms and professionals are considered excempt. The only work the Devs are doing is sawing logs.
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

Devs. aren't professionals? I worked more than 14 hours in a day lots of times as a locksmith. I also know a lot of cops who have worked double shifts at times. I think your info. is faulty. perhaps you could cite the law that limits a work day in CA to 14 hours.
  13. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

They're probably not willing to provide pay and benefits that are competitive enough to hire what they need. In lots of lines of work, companies try to get people with plenty of skills but pay them very little. The idea is you get the newest graduates from the most underrated programs, or folks who have otherwise hit a roadbump in their careers, and the only way they can get into (or back into) the game is by taking a poor salary and poor benefits.

The problem is, these people only work 1-2 years in that job, whatever the minimum is which is considered acceptable to employers in their field, then they move on to something better-paying and more stable. So you see a lot of hiring attempts, only some of them are fruitful, and they always repeat themselves because turnover is high.
  14. Tonkuhz New Member

Lol they deleted my post yet i wont see the day they took off my krono, sad part is i messaged mepps in private before i posted an cant even get a reply back, yet he cant delete my post. only one word for mepps an that is SAD.
  15. Rizzin Elder

This is why all operations teams need to have tested and automated roll-back plans, which should have already been executed, so their paying customers can use the services they are paying for.
  16. Cailen Augur

They nerfed enchanters so hard it broke EQ
    Fadyena likes this.