I don't hate krono

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by snailish, Nov 24, 2017.

1. snailish Augur

Ignored them for years over various servers and didn't bother my gameplay.

Used a few on Phinny that I bought from the Daybreak store, pretty much as a test-of-concept. Having some plat and gear on a leveling rogue vs. spending all my gametime farming a tiny amount of plat to maybe buy one piece of decent gear... = yep, that was worth it.

When I decided to retire my Phinny rogue I liquidated everything... and had the same if not more krono than I had bought (I consider that mostly a fluke of not sitting on the gear too long and having obtained a few solid tradables via looting... thanks to leveling faster and not spending all my time low-level farming plat). That was handy for starting on a new server. Better for me than my retired characters across other servers with tons of old gear on them that no one wants expacs later.

Do I like krono inflation of prices... no. Mass population, fast timelines, BiS-motivated playerbase all contribute to this too though.

Would I care if they made krono not work on a server? No. If that makes sense for Daybreak from a business standpoint, go for it.

If they put 1 krono as a /claim item for logging in while subscribed I feel the vast majority would claim it and use it. Ditto if 1 krono was bundled in the next expac as part of the rewards for buying it early.

Do I intend to buy anymore krono? Meh... I could. Don't have to. I'll sub to the game and play as long as it is fun. Krono is an extremely minor factor in that for me.

Posted this as the repeated anti-krono posts get kind of old.
  2. ptah Augur

Indifferent I think that i the word I would use.
    At first I didnt think too much about them but as my yearly sub was burnt up and I had more plat than need I use them. I met an ingame dude that was willing to trade krono for a copy of RoF.. appear our friend was legit.. so I traded. We both benefited from this at the time.

Overall everyday game to so Krono are the solo reason for the bot armys and others may say based on creation Krono create addition $. Theory this item gained a controlled way for the playerbase to pay to win vs third party website sellers. Cutting out the middle man.

Agree with op.. minor factor for me. Time vs $ feeling.. my time at burger king shows more value..
  3. jeskola pheerie