I crunched the numbers...and here's what I came up with

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fading Illusion, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Allayna Augur

Raiding mornings and raiding every 4.5 days are not synonymous. We did raid 2? Saturday mornings to clean up a lockout gap from a bugged mission delay...

So....only ROI raids every 4.5 days then or was there another guild? I am genuinely asking because I thought ROI was the only guild left that did that schedule.
  2. Sancus Augur

Well, I suppose this makes the point that guilds have varied schedules to the point that moving launch to accommodate them probably won't work. There isn't any guild (including RoI) that raids purely every 4.5 days; there were some days we opted to raid evenings (and we obviously skipped Christmas) during TBL progression.

A number of guilds employ schedules somewhere in between raiding rigidly every 5 days and raiding every 4.5 days. It seems SR raided some mornings, and I know RoTE has in the past though I don't know if they did in TBL. And MS raided 3 mornings (I think it's fair to count the noon EST T3 opening day raid); we raided 5 (which I believe is the most of any guild).

Point being I think it makes more sense for the devs to adjust lockout timers (4 days 20 hours? or something thereabouts) or how raids launch than trying to adjust the expansion launch day.
    Rowanoak and Allayna like this.
  3. Allayna Augur

Ya, I don't generally remember to count launch day because all competitive guilds seem to take that day off to raid at server up. But you're right.

If I had a choice, it'd be a system that required zero group progression to request raids, had a 1 win flag system and then unlocked after X date for the following tier. Let the race not be altered by anything but skill at launch, I think most guilds involved in the EGL race would agree.
    Ravanta Suffer, Rowanoak and Sancus like this.
  4. AcemoneyFV Augur

Do they normally have a sale for the previous expansion right before a new one comes out? I remember they did for RoS but can't remember if they did for the others. Would like to upgrade. :D
  5. CrazyLarth Augur

AcemoneyFV likes this.
  6. Bahdah Augur

[IMG]
    I am so ready!
    Rowanoak likes this.
  7. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

[IMG]
    Bahdah likes this.
  8. Liljit Augur

• Forums "Vacations" are meant to be cooling down periods. Let's keep that in mind.
    [IMG]

My main was given a free vacation from the boards. :)
    Sheex and Bahdah like this.