i cannot log onto test server

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by eric jackson, Jun 20, 2018.

1. eric jackson New Member

i restarted my pc, and when i tried to log onto the launchpad, it gave me a note that EQ was under maintenance, but i was on the test server when i logged off, so i need to know how can i log back onto the test server.....i also downloaded a new launchpad...didnt work
  2. smash Augur

You cannot log on any server when there patch.

It has been like that forever.
  3. Hidetora New Member

It actually hasn't always been that way. We used to spend patch day on the test realm pvping with boosted characters. The addition of the Launchpad stopped this from being possible.
  4. MiataDriver Augur

If you have the test game fully updated, you can start it directly bypassing the launchpad. I don't, so I can't test this, but it works for the regular game just fine. I believe for test, you want to create a shortcut for TestEverQuest.exe that is in your everquest install folder. Then open the properties for that shortcut, and in the Target field, add " patchme" (no quotes) after TestEverQuest.exe. I just verified it for the normal game and I can get to the server select page that way. Actually, the name of the executable is probably different, that runs the launchpad. Look for maybe testeqgame.exe. I haven't played on test for probably 6 years now.
  5. MiataDriver Augur

If that doesn't work for test, then I don't know if there is a way to get to it.