I can not launch the game.

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by DariusRo12, Apr 21, 2018.

1. DariusRo12 New Member

I open the app, I press the play button, I select a server, i press the play EverQuest button, but then it close. But notching happen next. I tried so many times. What is happening? P.S it took about 2 hours to install.
  2. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

" a server"

Any server? All servers or a specific server and fwiw this is newbie zone, you want support thread.

Sometimes it's the launcher- Try this:

"C:\Program Files\Everquest\eqgame.exe" patchme

Create a shortcut of your eqgame.exe from your EverQuest folder.
    Right click on your eqgame.exe and Select Send To > Desktop (create shortcut).

Right click the shortcut and select properties.

Click on the Shortcut tab.
    In the Target window after the eqgame.exe" hit the spacebar then type patchme

Click the Apply button then click OK.

Then launch the game itself, not the patcher. See if that gets you in.
  3. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

also:

Status: 4/21/2018 10:39 PDT - We are currently investigating a potential issue with server: Cazic Thule, Erollisi Marr
  4. DariusRo12 New Member

Don't work. patchme must be after the " or before?
  5. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Not enough info to get a truly helpful answer, except by sheer luck.
    The possible explanations range from you selecting a true-box server while having other instances open, or playing from a VM to a faulty install to a meanwhile unsupported OS. Try to be a bit more specific with the problem description and your system/setup information.

p.s.:
    For the patchme, ignore the quotation marks. it should look like this:
    D:\games\EQ1\eqgame.exe patchme
    (and make sure to point to the correct execution directory as well, in the above case D:\games\EQ1.)
  6. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

On the shrotcut, whatever the line is, add a space and patchme after the current instruction.
  7. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Oh and some servers are having issues, might be that

Status: 4/21/2018 10:39 PDT - We are currently investigating a potential issue with server: Cazic Thule, Erollisi Marr
  8. DariusRo12 New Member

I think the problem is that i have a stupid PC. Sorry for wasting your time.