I can has double exp holiday weekend?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Rykard Augur

Blank,

I am sure you are being sarcastic but, I attached the meaning below. I also put my own little thing as well.

meme /mēm/ noun
    an element of a culture or system of behavior that may be considered to be passed from one individual to another by nongenetic means, especially imitation.
    a humorous image, video, piece of text, etc. that is copied (often with slight variations) and spread rapidly by Internet users.

My wife is Korean so when I see meme I think something totally different initially. Based off what I hear here say to the little ones when they are in trouble, /mĕmĕ/. My "meme" refers to spanking.

Rykard

P.S. I am sure that the English spelling is something else but, it is how I hear it.
  2. Numiko Augur

3. Silv Augur

Brilliant... when someone overposts a mēm(e) they should get a mĕmĕ!
    Gyurika Godofwar and Mayfaire like this.
  4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Don't forget to download the Nyancat mobile app. It's not mind numbing and insipid, I promise!
    Rykard and Zarakii like this.
  5. Silv Augur

Totally going to play this in the background when I have to train people at work... hopefully word spreads and my work load will decrease significantly.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. CrazyLarth Augur

7. Geroblue Augur

Ah the meme of the split infinitive and not ending a sentence with a preposition. All hold overs from Latin. And people like my high school English teacher who insisted on such rules, forgetting Latin is not English, but a mangled and upgraded version of Jute-Anglo-Saxon-Celt-whatever else language is going on in modern English.

So ending a setence with a prepsition is okay, two.
  8. LS_Xegony_Dru Elder

9. Motherlee Augur

One of my sons is a hipster who insists that memes have to have informational content and therefore these graphics are not memes. Or something.... I was that obnoxious when I was his age.