Hybrid duo box

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Damezza, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Damezza Augur

Thinking about trying a ranger/beast duo box on live.

Would this duo have any weak spots? Would you swap anything out for a chanter or something like that?
  2. Derka Power Ranger

It is very hard to box both of those classes as they require a lot of attention to be effective. Both requires a lot of spell spamming. ranger at full bore would easily pull aggro off of the beast pet.
    Tucoh likes this.
  3. Belexes ForumQuester

If you are going to duo, then you need one of them good at keeping aggro or pairing it with something that sheds aggro easily. You need a class that can only pull what you can handle as well.

The better your tank in the situation is about keeping aggro, the more you can concentrate on dps'ing mob down with the other.

I duo a mage and a ranger sometimes. The ranger can grab aggro pretty easy if I don't watch what I am doing, but not bad enough that it doesn't work well. Ranger can scrub aggro pretty easily.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Ranger/Beastlord duo is a lot of work for not much payoff in my opinion.

I would choose Shadowknight / Beastlord or Paladin/Ranger myself if making a hybrid class duo, but if you love the two classes you are using in the duo enough it will be fun for you no matter it's downsides.
  5. Arborist New Member

I use a ranger/shammy duo. they box well together. Shammy for slows and pet with max AAs holds agro well enough to waste the HS mobs quickly. at 110 once you exceed 18k AAs they are literally deadly duo together.
  6. AnzoRagespirit Augur

Depends on what you want to do...but any hybrid does well paired with a bard so....*hybrid class 1* + bard.
  7. Ultrazen Augur

BL takes a lot of attention. I'd do BL/Wiz. Ports, port to bind, evacs, snare, best DPS for the least attention payed, no positioning. With a wiz duo, you can spend 99% of your time on the BL, and just macro everything the wiz needs to do.

In general with a BL, you don't want another busy class. Bard/Wiz/Druid/Chanter would all be good.
  8. Kirab Lorekeeper

Once ranger gets archery aa, it is imo one of the higher afk boxes. Just make am assist maceo with auto fire and a couple dots and it puts out steady strong damage. I use my ranger more than any other of my dps boxes to go with my SK.

Now the route to that aa will not be as fun and easy to use, but luckily those levels fly by now.

Beast lord ranger duo will probabaly let you solo a bit more and together miss than solo, but it will also let grind exp way faster than solo, and do so easily as well.

Go for it bruh. You dont have to min max every single thing you do.. or we would all just play sk shm all the time.
  9. Fluid Augur

I hit some form of evac or succor so often I find it hard to play without a Druid somewhere. Wizard provides the same functionality with a different mode of operation, burn vs DOT.

IDK, I am so reliant on ports and evacs i could hardly imagine running some other way. I know there are a lot of people that map out everything from the Nexus to Wayfarer camps for travel, I'm just not that smart. I do love Rangers and DB have put some marvelous bows in the game. I wouldn't argue against a Beastlord either as a lot of people run them successfully. I just got run out of a dungeon this weekend. Didn't have Druid or Wiz so I had to babysit the character using Origin then punch out with a quick Gate AA.