Husk of the Reptile (with extra counters)

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Tarrin, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Tarrin Augur

So, take this info with a grain of salt. I didn't have the patience to do more than 30 minutes. The numbers didn't seem like they would fluctuate too much. I played around with Husk of the Reptile on the Test Server against a level 100 Test Dummy.

Run 1 - 9m10s min timer expired with 3 charges left.
    Run 2 - 9m10s min timer expired with 2 charges left.
    Run 3 - All charges expired, ~20 seconds early.

211 procs out of 216 charges in 27m 30s buff time.

118 of 211 procs (55%) happened in 6 seconds or less of the previous.

An average of 8 procs per minute.

>insert Math here<

This equals out to approx 35k healing per minute.

Will this make my spell gem load out? Not likely.

I foresee a new upcoming spell, though:
    Husk of the Cold Blooded.
    Reptile skin, but with a -100 Cold adjustment. You know, a side-grade to be used when you just can't use fire.
    Pirouette, Noken_Xeg and guado like this.
  2. guado Augur

When Reptile came out back in DoDH it was OP. If you were around back then, you know you could go to a trivial zone, even with light blues, throw reptile on yourself, and if you could get in a corner (to not get interrupted) you...would...not...die.

Then I took a break from the game.

Been back for over 1 year, and this spell is unrecognizable. It has charges, it never procs, and when it does, its a tiny useless heal and it never lands on the NPC you're fighting. Maybe its a taunt, but definitely not the intended mechanic.

Tarrin, you're right man, we won't mem this spell. TBH I would mem a Promised Heal over Reptile since Promised Heal is at least more predictable / practical.
    Soraia likes this.
  3. Perplexed Augur

Yep, Reptile rocked when it first came out, then it gradually got tweaked (weakened) to the point where it's useless to mem.
    I was optimistic when I saw that it was even considered for changing, but I agree with you and Tarrin still not worth memming.
  4. Tarrin Augur

Remembering how Reptile was when it first came out, is why I try so hard to still use it nowadays, I think. I know it is..below par. (putting that nicely). But I keep occasionally coming back to it hoping I just remembered wrongly how bad it currently is.

I wasn't expecting anything special, but I wanted to see how it proc'ed nowadays and if the extra counters actually meant anything. I guess part of me is just looking for a reason to give it a spell gem. Maybe one day.

Convert this to an AA, take away the HoT and add its healing to the direct healing, and it would get infinitely more use.
    Aeonblade likes this.
  5. Darchon_Xegony Augur

To fix reptile:

1. Remove the debuff proc. Make it simply a proc heal on the player who has the buff.
    2. Double the direct heal component, remove the HoT component. Druids are NOT a class with HoTs. Also your coding for merged direct/duration spells is broken severely hindering the abilities potential.
    3. Remove the level scaling. This is the worst mechanic ever for any proc. This ability should be effective regardless where you are killing.

Until all 3 of those are done, I won't be using reptile.
    Noken_Xeg likes this.
  6. Aeonblade Very Hungry Vah Shir

I agree, if this were an AA it would see more use from me, but as is now, I rarely ever use it in any situation. These changes won't change the fact that the spell is near worthless as it is.