Hunter for The Serpent's Spine please?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Annastasya, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Annastasya Augur

Could we get hunter achievements for The Serpent's Spine expansion?

It's one of my favorite expansions. Very well done. Lot's of quests and things to do for the lower level characters. The stories are solid, and many of the rare creatures have a lot of flavor, charm and/or challenge.

I would enjoy another in game checklist as i catch em all and add them to my pokedex....uh..i mean hunt them down and collect their well designed loot that shortly after, got completely trivialized by the defiant drop system. At least i can sell most of it to vendors for decent plat!

Thanks for your consideration.
  2. Captain Video Augur

Serpent's Spine is really a special case, since most if not all of what would be Hunter achievements have been made part of the Hero's Journey questline, which has a bunch of achievements associated with it already. I'm hard-pressed to think of a single group named in TSS which isn't already attached to one of the Hero's Journey achievements.
  3. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

How hard did you press though? I just picked two random TSS zones (Valdeholm and Vergalid) and found all of these loot dropping rares that are not associated with Hero's Journey. There's dozens more throughout the expansion.

Drentik the Mad
    Fihulf, Hero of the People
    Gatewatch Urgwit
    Ironbelly
    Jotik the Guardian
    Kellet, Royal Guard Captain
    Lorekeeper Gerrod
    Lorekeeper Magnus
    Mammoth Tender Granik
    Master Smith Goil
    Patriarch Yerban
    Royal Cryptguard Zerakt
    Royal Guard Captain Helgar
    Spring Master Yergin
    The Void
    Watch Commander Cearul
    Watch Commander Thellik
    Corpsetender Xacine
    Iico the Wanderer
    Rul Shadowfang
    Rumos the Enraged
    Nennius and Tweakfour17 like this.
  4. Annastasya Augur

While there are many rare-flagged monsters that are part of the Hero's Journey or Drakkin-specific quest lines in TSS, there are many more that are not attached to any particular quest or achievement.
  5. Captain Video Augur

My bad on Valdeholm, I keep thinking of it as a raid zone, and it's not. In the Mines you need a scale for the charm, which drops from any of several named. Many TSS zones, including Valdeholm, are covered in the Loadstone quest where the advancement is by reaching specific waypoints, but you're going to have to kill some named along the way to get there.

The vast majority of hunter cheeves already in the game are only requiring a subset of the rares, not everything that can possibly appear in the zone. If it was me, I'd rather see hunter's added in older content where right now there is little more than "visit zone" and "beat raid" cheeves. But that's just me, YMMV.
  6. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

If they added hunter to TSS, I wonder if they would fix some of the missing rare mobs. Sunderock for example only has 11 rare mobs, but should have 15.
    Annastasya likes this.
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I would like to see alot of older expansion that dont have hunter's to have them. Underfoot would be fun and there's alot more expansions too.

Andarriel
    Nennius and Rasper Helpdesk like this.