Hunter Achievement v. Xolok the Blind

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Braveheart, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Braveheart Augur

Xolok the Blind has been up on our server for over a week now. Many have tried him. It seems no matter what we try, he wipes a group in a matter of seconds. I think you need to do someting about his DT Aura.
  2. doktartp Augur

Run slower, or faster depending on what you are doing wrong.
  3. Tegila Augur

taht's our server dok, but does make me wonder why it's still up, maybe it drop garbage no one wants?
  4. pk76 Augur

we tried xolok today (saturday dec 22 ), i tried him the 1st time boxing (and i am pretty good at it ),
    shm ,mage (minion 14 - pet tanking ), and druid , all lv 100 and all the good aa done at lv 100.

i poped 2 healer mercs ( one on reactive other one on balanced ) and a dps one.

1st try , all group and mercs lasted 3 sec :rolleyes: ... named was not very far from me ( away from melee range tho ),

2nd try , i was killing farther that time , about 100 feet away , i did much better , (3 x better ), all group lasted 10 sec,,

3rd try i was with a friend ranger and a necro , both lv 100,,, we "splited the group in 2 , mage , ranger . necro , and 3 merc healers,,, other group shaman + druid + 2 merc healers.

we killed all the trash mobs around him, and he was alone.. i casted group hot on group (mage one ), then delayed heal on pet ( who had frenzied burnout on him and druid aa as well and growth , and stance ), and started chain heal with druid, same with shm after xolok been slowed ... this time at about 125 to 150 feet away.

we all wiped after 20 sec,,3 mercs healing plus shm and druid chain healing , but we got him to 60% or so :confused:
    using chain dd , 7th veteran , twincast ect....., well, we won't touch him again lol,...........
  5. SpamFactory Augur

I don't mind there being a few really hard nameds, but they should at least have a reward thats worth the effort.

AoW in tier 1 is pretty awful as well for its target audience. with non-visibles being all/all who really cares about what these hard mobs drop.
  6. Xnao Augur

Corner him.

Get a necro.

Send pet.

FD.

Win.
  7. Nenton Augur

The problem (especially regarding hunter achievement) is when mobs exclude certain classes from participating. Before VoA nameds got tuned down, for mobs like Deathleaper in BD, my rogue would stand with the casters and whisper sweet nothings to my wizard while the wizard won the fight. Because that's fun and challenging game play.

A mob that you have to kite is quite literally the dumbest idea for a named they've come up with yet. It's absurdly group restrictive.
    VanillaCoke likes this.
  8. Tobynn Augur

Ideal group: 1 SK kiter, 1 backup SK kiter, and 4 casters burning hard under Silent Casting. No healer required as you can't heal a deathtouch. This arrangement leaves most of the EQ population out of this Hunter kill. Brilliant.
  9. roguerunner Augur

He switches targets anyway , everyone involved has to be ready to kite.
  10. Explicit Augur

Kited with warrior (never took damage), ranger and wizard burned. No one died, mob dropped pretty quickly. Trick is figuring out the distance, after that it's simple. Though I do agree that it's a pretty lame mechanic and this leaves out any kind of non-tank melee class (you could have them in your group but really they wouldn't be able to participate)
    Pirlo likes this.
  11. Falos Augur

He's killable but exceptionally annoying, pretty much need certain classes and non boxed players.

Personally I think he should be retuned and have his deathtouch aura converted into a massive endurance / mana drain aura, a group mob should not have such an unforgiving penalty for failure (death).
    VanillaCoke likes this.
  12. Mellifleur Augur

Ok I Officially wash my hands of this guy and may I add the Dev who came up with this as a "group" strat needs to be bagging groceries because this is NOT a mob targeted for the Grouper... Hell most end game raiders I know avoid this guy like the plague.
  13. Bamurien Journeyman

This. I've duo'd him with a wizard (I'm a paladin). It sucks for melee classes, but he has really low HP - as long as you have one caster with you, a melee can just sit in the group for the kill credit.
  14. Dalrek_MM Elder

He is always up on our server too. Noone bothers with him
  15. AnywennFV New Member

Huh, that is weird, couple weeks ago we realised that the named has been up for a while and decided to try it. Didn't know about the DT thing.

Group was SK/Shm/Cleric/Enc/Brd/Rog, one person 5 boxing and i was the rogue.. SK tanked, the named switched aggro to the bard at a given point but nothing special we just burned him. I don't remember anything about an aura or so and i tripple checked on the /ach hunter list, it's the right named.

I have a parse, named did cast "Fateful Entrapment" a few times, that's all
  16. Mellifleur Augur

Then your guy is glitched, but more than likely, calling B S on this.... Because his Aura does 21k ( a second ... yes, 120k a tick )
  17. AnywennFV New Member

What can i say ? I was expecting this kind of answer but yeah i have a full parse of a 100% melee group taking down this named. Was it bugged somehow ? I don't know. Believe me or not ? I don't give a crap.
  18. Mellifleur Augur

Parses can be edited.
    Im not trying to be ignorant, but the only way a melee group wins this encounter is if he is glitched.
  19. yaddab Augur

For someone who is not trying to be ignorant you are doing a fine job.

Fine, say you got lucky - he must have been bugged, but accusing Anywenn of lying and editing parses is just expletive deleted.
  20. Mellifleur Augur

Anyone who knows this encounter knows a melee group would get rocked.
    Accusing Ann of lying ? I said it was possibly glitched, but sorry, I dont know Ann from a hole in the ground, just like you do not know me.
    Editing Parses ?
    Welcome to Everquest, you must be new here.
  21. yaddab Augur

Well obviously you do !
    Welcome to ignore, you must be new here