HS Partisans 2&3

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ofearl, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

So to start this off, I’ve done these numerous times and toward the end of the east wing for a reason.

# 2, really straight forward, kill arisens, get update and hastey whatever note on cursor. Step 2 kill them again get a dirty note on cursor. Now go to 1 of 2 rooms, walk in mobs despawn, crypt keeps pop. Kill these till “The Crypt Keeper” pops, kill, Rile ghost pops, give hastey note get the win.

Past couple time Ive done this, the updates never happened. Camped out, etc. Tonight, I went in to kill the keepers, room despawned, keeper waves worked, rile poped... did not accept my note. Step was stuck on the keeper killing step. Not the give hastey note step. Couple mins later keepers poped again, started killing then the entire room respawned... once that happened and rezed/buffed the step updated and we finished.

Now to #3, fiirst of all haveing a named PH in the drusella room is dumb... cause eariler killed the ph, and then namer was up. So head back to room, kill golems and junk, pulled the Shandral Arisen hooker, going smooth then she feared my druid box, and guess where he went... yup in the room that is now empty and starting the script... waves spawn, died again. Now, usually no big dral but boxing some dorks and had a friend on an alt cleric who needed the task. We got frustrated and tired. Popped a healer merc so ahe could take off and i went again.

Best part was since I was in a Pick, i was now on a time crunch, cause as soon as she left I got the 15 min warning. Pulled the room again and killed the waves, task got to the stop VS from taking Drusella part. Sat there for about 3 mins then they all despawned... 2 mins later pick closed...

Thats the backstory of tonight, was I just having a crap time or has anyone else recently done these and had em all wonk out?
  2. Dreadmore Augur

I've attempted (and failed) the second quest sometimes when a group member was not in the shared task. It somehow caused the room to clear out and start the Crypt Keeper script as if I were actually up to that point in the task when in fact I had not gotten both notes yet.

It seems like having that person in the group caused the note steps to not update even though it did progress the script somehow.

Was that the case with you? Anyone in your group that wasn't in the task?

For the third task, well, minor inconvenience.
  3. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

I had task members not in group, and at the end, after I had both pieces of notes, I dropped 2 from task and added 2 others that needed. What was bugged was the step, find out what the crypt keepers are up to, when they were dead and Ghost of Rile was up.

As for #3, only thing I can guess is I was "close" enough to Drusella/VS for the final update even when I maybe been equal to les that 50 EQ feet away.
  4. Fohpo Augur

We had a problem with Rile not spawning the other day after we got our 10 kills (pro-tip, you can talk to him before that step and get credit, when you finish your 10 it auto completes quest). I've never experienced your issues before but I've seen a lot of bugs with the RoS progression chain regardless.
  5. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Yeah on #1, he popped two times, once after first kill, then again on like number 5 or 6. That is when I hailed him for the update.

Always working as intended I guess...
  6. Dreadmore Augur

If you are running into bugs and also doing the same thing we were doing, messing around with groups and task members and such, then I recommend just being straightforward with it and not getting too fancy.

Go through it normally, with all task members in the group, and finish to the last step in which you hand the note to Rile. Only before then should you do you /taskremoves and /taskadds. Worked for me with some people I was helping with ROS progression.

A lot of people say ROS progression is pretty buggy. I have had very few issues, and they were only when trying to do something weird. Just stick to the tasks' descriptions and objectives and it should be fine. I've done the whole chain four times already and things went very smoothly. Even Chokidai Unbound. I guess it's a matter of knowing what to do or doing it correctly rather than running into one of the scenarios that bugs it out. "Working as intended" I guess, but not tested well for how real people may stray from that intended path. If all else fails, just think: What would a robot do? :)
  7. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

When I did this at launch, all worked at intended, well... well enough. This is the first time running these since the last patch.