HP/mana mounts and Pact of the Wolf

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Feradach, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Feradach Augur

I'm sure this has been covered before but I can't find any threads. I'm finding it very annoying that the shaman Pact of the Wolf line doesn't stack with any of the mounts that grant HP and mana. Having to click that buff off before summoning a mount, then recast it after dismounting is just bothersome. Would it really be that unbalancing to have the 300 extra HP and mana? If so, how tough would it be to create a quest or a turn-in or something to exchange the mount for a version that doesn't have the HP/mana component? I know there are plenty of mount options that don't have the buff, but dang it...I want to use my nifty flying carpet and cool looking royal horse in a more convenient manner.
  2. Xnao Augur

Same thing for the girplan illusion. Just more bias for stacking AC and meleequest.

Can stack 3 or 4 market/lon ac buffs, which all stack with in game ac buffs.

But hp/mana users are left in the dust.
  3. Vouivre Augur

Which lon/market illusion AC buffs stack with each other?
  4. Xnao Augur

Steamsuit and steamwork. I think there is a third.
  5. Vouivre Augur

I use steamsuit all the time, wasn't aware that there were others that stacked with it.
  6. Kinadorm Augur

I would like to see them change the hp buff on all the mounts to slot 12. Looks like that would eliminate the conflict and not cause any new problems. If they can't do that then maybe move the Pact hp buff to slot 9. That would conflict with druid 3rd spire and Theft of Essence but I can live with that. It's not fair to shaman that all the new mounts have a conflict with Pact.
    Feradach likes this.
  7. Feradach Augur

Agreed. I believe BSTs are in the same boat with Pact of the Wurine, but they're likely not on mounts nearly as much as we are.
  8. Feradach Augur

Any chance of getting some form of SOE response on this? I have submitted a bug report in the past but never heard anything back.

Anyone else have ideas on how to get more visibility?
  9. Izcurly Augur

True. And when I do need one, I usually use my old Mark V Roboboar. No conflicting stats, just a pure mount that goes fast.
  10. Kinadorm Augur

I assume most of the devs probably have this week off and maybe next week as well so I wouldn't expect a reply until they get back in the office. Hopefully they can look at making a change for the January/February patch though.

It's not a new problem but with all the new mounts introduced lately that have this hp buff it is now a bigger problem and will only get worse.
  11. Feradach Augur

Gonna be naughty here and necro the thread in hopes of getting a response of some kind. I agree completely with Kinadorm. This isn't a new problem, but is certainly a more prevalent one now that most new mounts include an HP buff. Either changing slots or giving us an option for a HP-free version of the mount would be fantastic.
  12. Vouivre Augur

Agreed. There is no reason they shouldn't stack.
  13. Penasi New Member

Druids are in the same situation with spirit of black/white wolf aa. I have a different take on it. I have no problem with choosing whether to use the aa or a mount. Maybe I'm weird - but as it stands there's a few classes that are just not mount classes (like bard, druid, shammy) and I like the diversity. Frankly, the benifits of a mount are marginal anyway.