How to track class campaign questline?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Vahmiir, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Vahmiir New Member

Hi, I've been wandering around for a bit and eventually figured out I needed to give my note to some elder and I started (I think) Vah Shir Citizenship (#1) according to:
    Code:
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=1452
    I can't seem to find the window to track this quest line. Help a newbie out! I'm a Vah Shir Beastmaster on Phinigel realm.
  2. Annastasya Augur

Old World quests do not get added to the quest/task window. The tutorial has been upgraded in recent years so that it does, but all of the original game and expansions prior to the quest window being added to the game's default UI rely on the player to use their good old fashioned tools. Memory, Notes, and the community.

i don't recall what expansion the quest window was added (Omens? Ykesha?)- sometime in the mid 2000s. There are some good websites still out there with information cataloging such things. The most popular i know of is everquest.allakhazam.com. Quest rewards and experience in any expansion with pre level 60 content is generally very poor and not worth it unless you just like lore or derive pleasure from the act of questing and don't care about rewards.

The exception to this is the low level zones from The Serpent's Spine expansion which starts in Crescent Reach and moves into Blightfire Moors etc. This was the last (permanent) content created for the level range of 1-75. It was meant to get new players in the same areas and on similar paths. (see also the Heroe's Journey)

Now if you are on a progression server then ignore everything i said (oops spoilers!) and you'll just have to tough it out like it was originally intended. it's a different game here on the regular servers....sort of.
  3. Orbital101 Augur

I added this quest line in my map pack and if you did extract the zip correctly and use sub folder you will be able to see the quest NPCs, ground spawn and quest targets on layers 2 or you can click on search on your map window and look for the npc you need in the list, select it and that will plant a red mark on your map telling you where to go. You can also right click that red mark once you hide the list to start a path. You will of course need to read what the NPCs tells you to do to know what and where to go next.

Shar Vahl map is included in the patcher so without using sub folder you wont see it. You can always ;tell xegony.Goodurden if you need help using sub map folder. I ran the quest as a warrior so not 100% sure if all the quest are simular for all class... I did a quick peek on each type and they seem to start the same way at least the first few one.
  4. Vahmiir New Member

Thanks for the help the both of you! I was hoping for a bit less pen and paper method but eh, can't win them all right? Off I go to get myself killed!