How to stun? (group, box, enchanter)

Discussion in 'Casters' started by IblisTheMage, Feb 17, 2017.

1. IblisTheMage Augur

Group: Druid, Shaman, Enchanter, Bard, Mage, Mage (dru, sha, mag mained).

I am considering adding stuns to the Enchanter mash key/multibind, but since I have only played an enchanter for a few months, I would appreciate some pointers.

The enchanter pulls, enchanter and shaman CCs. We play in EoK, mobs go down quite fast (probably even faster after last patch, we haven´t played after the dot changes yet). Enchanter nukes with the two big nukes, and is a bit stressed for mana. I was thinking that I could add some stuns, freeing up the priests, and perhaps go a little bit easier with the enchanters mana/time wrt healing.

So... Spinstun (Dizzying Storm), and the Concurse stuns. How do they play in in such a scenario, are there some tips and tricks?

Thanks in advance.
  2. Brohg Augur

Dizzying Storm is a great spell on its own for reducing damage coming from the mob, the only major cost to it is just that you're not casting something else. If you have the spell gems, maybe just put Dizzying Storm in your multibind. Your goal would be well accomplished by putting it after Dicho, before Intellectual Appropriation, Mindsunder, Mindcleave. I think you may also see more mana from mobs living a tick longer to languish under Mind Storm that way, which is good & bad…

Color Concourse requires being in melee range, which is pretty limiting for a box enc. Also, it's not close to a full-time stun. Pro enchanters can run it in concert with the AE off their Polyrefractive Rune while tanking crowds, but that's not quite as productive / safe now that the recast on Unity has been so nerfed. Fabulous ability, but this is the road to Enchanter main - Magician alt :p
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  3. Xikteny Augur

Hah! Yeah.