How to restore old characters?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by mulch, May 20, 2019.

1. mulch New Member

Hi folks -
    (disclaimer I imagine this is a common question so I did search but failed)

I played EQ from 2000 to 2005 under SonyEQ. I'd like to play again. I *think* I rekindled my main account (I had 3). I'd really like to play with the characters I used to have. I'd acquired 3 Epics (I'm sure powercreep has rendered them useless, but nostalgia drives me) and don't really want to start at lvl 1.

How can I find and access my old characters? I'm willing to pay if there's a charge, just really want to play with them.

Thanks in advance any help!
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

If you got the right account, they'd still be there.*
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Are you signing in with your old account name? But you don't see your old characters?

Have you made any characters on that account since you signed in? If so bring up your character screen and at the top you will see "alternate currency" - click that and look for "loyalty tokens" (its alphabetical) - do you have any? If you have 5760 then you are in your old account. If you see 0 or less than 50 then you are in a new account that was made within the last few months.

If this is your old account have you checked all servers? Merges happened and you may be looking on the wrong server.

So now you can file a petition to:

#1 -If this is not your old account then you can recover your old account (s)

#2 - ask them to restore your characters - this is not a real "restore" as those cannot be done. But they find your old characters and put them back where they belong.

Handy link - https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/217481518-How-do-I-recover-my-account-

You do not have to pay for this service but I accept Krono:rolleyes: for the advice.

There have been cases where character were missing on old accounts and petition was able to recover them - not everytime but often. Its usually a case of having the wrong account and they help with getting that straightened out.
  4. mulch New Member

Great helps, thanks for posting.

I do not have loyalty coins, so I must be on the wrong account. I do have credits on Daybreak, but that may be from Planetside II or Everquest II. The awkward thing is the email my EQ accounts were linked to was from a company that died in the post-dotcom era. So those accounts and characters may be dead forever D:
    I'll give a try thru support. Thanks again!
  5. mulch New Member

Update - It didn't actually take all that much to accomplish. I'm happy to say my accounts are restored! Loyalty coins and more important, I can see my old favorite characters.

Daybreak has much quicker response time to tickets than I remember SonyEQ. They were understanding about not having access to the original email.

I'm afraid I've forgotten how to play, so will stumble around the new players formula.
    Thanks again!