How to reach Monkey Rock

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Waveno, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Waveno New Member

Hi! How the heck.. does one reach Monkey Rock from Barren Coast? The ticket and boat only gets me to Redfeather Isle. The only time I've reached Monkey is with the mission from resercher Higgins but I'm doin the trophy missions from hunter Locke. Or are one supposed to swim very far in Redfeather? I've gone around the whole map it seems without finding Monkey Rock.. any help would be much appreciated! Kind regards!
  2. bigpapa Augur

can check allakhazam / database / zones / by type ( check for monkey rock {can check for connected zones who is barren coast } , monkey rock is an instance :zone .http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=4172

not sure if that can help you there more than what you already did.
  3. Waveno New Member

Yeah but as I wrote, with the mission from Higgins I can go there but not with the misson from Locke. Then I only get to Redfeather with the ticket to Monkey rock by boat.
  4. GNOME_POWER Augur

*** Trophies quest is ow.
    You do not need a ticket.
    So you got on a ship and went to "The Buried Sea" to swim to "Monkey Rock".
    I think Druid should relocate you...
  5. Waveno New Member

Okay, do you know possibly which direction to swim to get there? I've been around a few hours now looking without any luck.
  6. code-zero Augur

AFAIK Monkey Rock only exists in instances though it's been a while since I did any of that progression
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Start in Barren Coast - go to Dockmaster Weatheby who is on the first and closest dock to the camp. Buy a ticket for Monkey Rock. They are free. Wait for boat. The boat is called Isabeau if it matters. Get on boat, sit down. Barren Coast boats are notorious for going off path. Now the boat starts moving and will zone you into The Buried Sea.

You can actually buy any ticket and they all will get you to The Buried Sea.

Once in Buried Sea open your map and you should see all the islands marked if you have Brewells or Goods maps. Make sure you have invis and swim to whichever island you want. Monkey Rock is in lower right corner

You can go to any island without having an instanced in your task list
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Look at it like this -

The Main zone is Barren Coast- with many little tasks connected to it. And is the connection for The Buried Sea

The sub zone is The Buried Sea with connections to all the little islands
  9. Funk Augur

Brother Island in The Darkened Sea expansion is an exact replica of Monkey Rock, was pretty cool to discover that when randomly running down there just to check it out.
  10. GNOME_POWER Augur

11. Waveno New Member

Thanks so much for all the help! I finally got there to complete my misson! :D
    Annastasya likes this.