How to look for the guild that fits me best

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Kinin, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Kinin New Member

Hey, I'm a returning player, gone for almost a decade. I just found out they can't get my old characters off of stormhammer so I'm starting from scratch. I'm looking for a guild on the bertox server that is casual as I have a wife and never know when she's going to say "Babe, it's time to take a break." As if you ever really need a break from everquest right? Anyway I'm having a hard time understanding the new guild recruitment thing in the guild lobby. I have myself "LFG" but can't quite figure out how to look for guilds and see which ones may suit me best. Any advice?
    Also, I was only gone 10 years what did you guys do to my game? Lots of changes, lots of changes. Spell book still sucks compared to EQ2 buy all the other changes you guys have made, well I love them, so far at least lol.
  2. Gundolin Augur

For the spell book right click on the empty gem slot and a drop down menu appears, most people don't actually organize or open their spell books anymore.

As far as a guild goes I'm sure there are new/returning player friendly guilds on the all servers, but it will be hard finding groups even with a good guild much before level 60 or so, just not enough server population any more. :( . My recommendation is to look in the Guild Lobby and around Teak in PoK and find people in the 80-99 level range. And do a lot of who all "xxx" on their guild. Find a guild with a lot of players on in the lower 80-90s probably indicates a more family oriented and less raiding guild.

Or, of course, you could do the simpler thing and just go to the Guild Recruitment section of this forum. ;) Or my personal favorite - do both.

Best of luck and welcome back.
  3. Kinin New Member

Lol did the guild recruitment thread, only guild on bertoxx recruiting that's a family oriented guild doesn't seam to exist anymore, but I'll keep looking, thank you for the assistance with the spell book, I had completely forgotten about that trick.
  4. Borek-VS Augur

Some guilds don't think of using the recruiting boards; I have no idea why. Gundolin's suggestion makes a lot of sense - see who's online when you are, and ask them about guild suggestions.
  5. Shallizar Lorekeeper

6. Crystilla Augur

A few thoughts:

1. If you can join general chat (or ask in guild lobby), ask there "what guilds take new/returning players around level ??"
    2. Go to some of the zones you want to explore and do a /who ... see what guilds are in those zones and send tells to find an officer.
    3. Do a /who all xx yy (where xx is the lowest level and yy is the highest level you want to look for) and see what guild names show up. Send them a tell and start talking.
    4. Since you said you just started, would you be interested in starting again? Xegony (Lions of the Heart) and Rathe (Eternal Darkness) are two very active guilds where you may feel more at home. they both advertise here and take in a lot of new/returning players.
  7. Bleve Lorekeeper

Since you're not limited to making a character on just one server, you might think about making a new toon on the Firiona Vie server as well. Unfortunately you'll find a few trolls in /general chat (i presume each server has it's share of idiots), but for the most part the people are helpful, and several guilds recruiting new & returning players.
  8. beryon Augur

There are what look like bulletin boards in the corner rooms of the Guild Lobby. Clicking on those brings up a window with whichever guilds posted to it. You can click on individual guilds to read their blurbs about what they're looking for.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I don't think his comment had to do with the difficulty of finding a spell. EQ2 (the game he mentioned playing in the meantime) allows you to load all the spells you want on your hotbars. No 12 slot limit to a casting bar!

It's one of the two features of EQ2 that I absolutely miss when I play EQ1. The other one is for targeting of spells. If you cast a detrimental spell in EQ2, and you have a player targeted, the spell lands on their target. If you cast a beneficial spell on a mob, it lands on the mob's target.

For most classes, this would be no big deal, but for Druids (my main), half our spells are beneficial, half are detrimental, and constantly /assisting to change targets is a pain, partly because of the delay involved in changing targets.

Tat
  10. Lakeland Lorekeeper

This has been kicking my butt since I came back. Playing a Mage, flame shield good on me, damaging spells not so good. Shaman I was playing had the same issue. So many times I dotted myself because most games now days wont let you hurt yourself like that. Really hard to remember this pretty important issue.