How to get TLPs to survive past PoP with a solid population

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ambee, May 21, 2020.

1. Ambee Elder

Combine the LDON with LoY and PoP. LDON doesn't add anywhere near 8 weeks of content so you're basically stuck in PoP for 5-6 months. People get bored of that, stop logging in and just never come back.

There's really no downside to just releasing them all at once
    Kalipto likes this.
  2. Magic Augur

You really think it will keep most ppl playing? LoY / Ldon? :)

Don't think people leave because of this reason, most casuals just blocked by keys/flags etc.

If you not raid, you have nothing to do in many expansions like PoP, etc, you NEED key or flag! In classic you just come to Lguk and find group, in PoP+ this is impossible (to most zones).

I think only few things will let server survive past PoP - it rules like Rizlona have (you box your own group) or for not boxers - Free-Trade, so casuals can do tradeskill/farmning and got raid items without keys/flags problems.

But we have some ppl against FV TLP (also some Devs) so need to wait some time till them understand it.
  3. sumnayin2 Augur

I've already given the best method. Make feeder servers that are TLPs that move extremely fast from Classic to the newest TLP and are timed to merge into that server at a specific point.

Example, Aradune unlocks Velious. The same day a feeder server starts with 1 month unlocks. The feeder server will merge into Aradune for its month of Velious which is also the last month of Velious on Aradune.

Example 2, the feeder server starts the same day that Velious launches on Aradune and merges on the same day that Luclin launches.

I know I have to paint pictures on these forums for people to understand so.
    Example 2: Feeder Server - Aradune
    Month 1: Classic - Month 1 of Velious
    Month 2: Kunark - Month 2 of Velious
    Month 3: Velious - Month 3 of Velious
    Month 4: Merge - Luclin Launch
  4. Zinth Augur

You call it Phinny.... it still runs very well and solid... and we are now in TDS
    Roxas MM likes this.
  5. Sikkun Augur

Stop believing they die then?
  6. Silver-Crow Augur

This is a really easy one.

Stop opening up new TLP's, so the krono chasing mob have to stay where they are.
    I'm sure most players would like to stay long term... however....

When they see a mass of 'krono chasers' going to the new TLP.. they think oh no... i'm going to be left behind on a dead server, i better move as well.

DPG will never stop releasing TLP's as they make money... bags, mounts, xp potions, subscriptions, kronos. You used to get 1 TLP a year... now you get 2 or 3.

I agree... get off the rat wheel and stay put.
    Raptorjesus5, Iyacc and Chopsuey like this.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

Flagging gets bad and especially nonsense for fast tlp timelines

New tlps launch with regularity

The game moves very instanced

A lot of the raid content is flat out dull such as hp locking, but also trivial
  8. Gnothappening Augur

Personally I would love to see LDoN get combined with PoP or at least only last a month max. As for these krono chasing people etc. I think you are wrong. I think the population moves and the krono chasers follow them, not the other way around.

Mostly though, I think there are players that just enjoy going from classic to GoD and then starting over. In reality they are only competing with other guilds that chase the same thing. They aren't really competing against EQ, they are competing against each other using EQ.
  9. auto21 Elder

Make it free
  10. Sokanist Journeyman

make it PoP locked..... erm wait LOL :rolleyes:

on a serious note: Aradune is the best tlp ruleset so far but its not perfect and so the next one will get 1 or 2 more good things to bait us to jump to next server (simple good bussness) :D

some things that could be added in furture tlps to bait us:
    beastlord/beserker at launch
    all race/class comboes at launch

but again its good bussness to repeat as many times as they can get away with.

if we only look at the game as a game and not a bussness, it very simple make a tlp server that is made with commen sense to be as good as it can be and stop launching more tlps.:cool:
  11. Machen New Member

All they need to do is not release a new, objectively better TLP when these ones hit PoP. Extra time in LDON sucks but it won't kill the server.
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

I think the point is to get past LDoN quicker.
  13. Kutsuu Augur

Not just the 5-6 months of PoP, it's also the bad rep that GoD has... and the fact that the level 70 expansions are generally kinda crappy. The journey from TSS through Underfoot is IMO the best set of expansions in all of EQ, but getting there on a TLP takes 2+ years and by that time the big herds of people are distracted by newer TLPs and such.

I'd love to see a TLP that starts at TSS and has the normal 12 week - 8 week unlock schedule. One non truebox and one truebox like this set of TLPs.
    ntellect likes this.
  14. phattoni Augur

i think the drop off is more so that GoD was considered overtuned, most people dont even bother getting to that point to realize its not overtuned any more and is right where it needs to be.
  15. Gnothappening Augur

I didn't like gates but I loved omens. I liked the monster missions in DoDH as well.
  16. Volas Lorekeeper

Pretty fuggin simple solution... stop making PoP last 6 #()$*ING MONTHS and TLP's would be just fine.

However, this is 110% by design with DBG.

Everytime a server hits this unbearable turdhump known as 6 months of a craptastic expansion.. they go "Hey guys, here's a new shiny server.. it'll be better this time, we promise!"

.. and much like an abused woman in a relationship.. you idiots repeatedly go "Oh it'll work out THIS time.. they PROMISED to stop using the aluminum bat!"

.. derps. Buncha friggen derps I swear.
    Delphwind likes this.
  17. enclee Augur

The crazy thing about Everquest is how long term is defined. People playing for a year on a game is pretty long term, if you ask me.
    Vumad likes this.
  18. AWM89 New Member

Solution:

Stop creating new TLP Servers. :confused:

And players stop being impatient/crying about the current expansion it's locked at and play the game.

I've noticed a lot of players like to REPEAT classic and luclin over and over, because they ultimately can't handle eq1 when it gets challenging.
    Delphwind likes this.
  19. Tuskapoli New Member

It was my fault they hit me; I must have been too loud in chat. I promise to be better this TLP. Please love me.
  20. Mrjon3s Augur

Don't open a new TLP right during LDoN/GoD and most populations will stay. Or if they are gonna just make an event type server then Open a new TLP the next year.
    a Respectable Sir likes this.