How to fix Rogues

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rcbauer, May 14, 2020.

1. itsalmosttime Lorekeeper

remove the backstab cooldown reset when you aren't "behind" the mob, instead replace it with a message saying you need to be behind, but no cooldown reset

vanish earlier on,say level 20, with similiar mechanics to monk feign death, but longer cooldown

those 2 things would fix rogues
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I'm still a believer that the problem isn't really rogues are bad, it's that other classes are too good. However since we can't call for nerfs...

The "easy" solution to me is the aug idea, put it on the same vendors in home cities.
    Rogue Only, Piercing Only, LORE
    4DMG/4BS DMG
    Loses power for each new expansion that has been unlocked. Loses full power when the Gates of Discord are available.

This would be basically the opposite effect that already exists on newbie quest weapons EXAMPLE and would shore up the early game where rogues are at their weakest and make the aug not a substitute for attaining augs from LDoN+ raids.
  3. Machen New Member

They don't do class balance for just one or two expansions. Ever.
  4. Machen New Member

Agree very much with this. Rogues wouldn't look so bad if monks had the original h2h tables, if caster spells were reverted, etc.
  5. Rcbauer Augur

This is an outstanding idea.
  6. NinjutsuMMO Augur

some good ideas... i know i would actually play a rogue on Agnarr or any new TLP for several expansions if they made some changes....
  7. Ranza Mortia New Member

There is nothing wrong with rogues, problem is that other classes are overpowered.
    I have played rogue for 20+ years, they are fine. Changes in game just made other classes way more powerfull, especially those that can charm.
  8. Carlos Journeyman

This is the only solution viable for the actual team of dev working on this game still. All the other one would take some work, this one would take a day of work or less.