How to fix Enchanters

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Malpheroth, Oct 22, 2017.

1. fransisco Augur

EoK was a train wreck for enchanters. what the heck? Another charm lol.
    Plus the fact that its the only time in the history of EQ that a class didn't get class specific AA.

Can we drop all the stupid pet AA? Enchanter pets are pathetic. Stop wasting all our AA on pet stuff.
    kizant likes this.
  2. Malpheroth Elder

Maybe if the Edict of Command AA had no cooldown and scaled every level.
  3. Malpheroth Elder

Tiny companion does not work on charmed mobs btw
  4. Scorrpio Augur

I agree on most counts with Gotwar. I'd rather keep my array of tools and choose what applies best to a situation. Learning that is part of being a high level chanter. With unity rune the thing is Enticer's stacks with Eldritch, Poly does not. I can keep casting unity after Eldritch to refresh the Enticer's on top of Eldritch, Single rune would mean I cannot replenish it until Eldritch is eaten through. I prefer the runes the way they are.

I would love nuke consolidation, but the idea here is spell bar management. You HAVE to make some hard decisions as to what you keep on your spell bar. Do you put 3+ nukes there at expense of other stuff, or other stuff at expense of nukes?

On the subject of single mez: Bewilder is 9 ticks with 30% blur, and there is a Durus shard for it. Chaotic is only 6 ticks with no Durus available and no blur component. If I am in a situation where I need to reliably lock down multiple mobs, I use bewilder. If I briefly need to lock an add I'll rather use Chaotic.
  5. Malpheroth Elder

You have this backwards.

With a 9 second cooldown on both 4 second nukes and a 6 second cooldown on the 3 second nuke, you are required to have at least 4 nukes on your hotbar to constantly cast one.

In all of my suggestions you have the exact same abilities used for the exact same situations, simply fewer reduncencies and more straightforward combat that could be later improved upon or revised more easily.
  6. Scorrpio Augur

So I do. Same principle.

Mixing in a chaotic for twincast is generally more useful than weaving in a 4th.

You suggest bundling together stuff that I would rather keep separate. Besides, if history is any indication, when DBG bundles stuff, result end us less than original parts.
    Lily likes this.
  7. fransisco Augur

This. Always beware of this. If any one thing looks to big, it gets nerfed.

I use this.
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=94471
    It does work on charm pets.
    Lily likes this.
  8. Tyreel Augur

On our lesser nukes and brimstone/frightening runes we could use some real improvements but other casters have some spells that have very low use.

Between all our various mana recovery tools i was easily able to tank for a whole 30 min lesson burn 3 boxing with Chanter Wiz Necro and 3x Wiz merc before the nerf. With OOC mana regen a two minute break every 30 min is nothing.The key to rune tanking was mixing in single target stun when not casting Mind Sunder or a DoT, only difference on named mobs was needing a cleric merc and debuffing more. The nerf to unity rune was needed maybe the refresh part of the nerf was a few seconds more than needed.
  9. Tinyfeet Elder

Let me just say what everyone else is thinking.

What we have here is a
    spouting off about things he doesn't understand and suggesting bad "fixes" to things that aren't broken.

/thread

What's next on the docket?
    gotwar likes this.
  10. fransisco Augur

Or this is a chance to help someone learn things about their class that they are not aware of.
    Enchanter oriented posts are very uncommon (and most of them are just nerfs). There hasn't been an active enchanter board for going on a decade.

If someone is playing an enchanter, its really hard to get any good info. Its not like playing a berzerker or something where it literally rains class tips.
  11. Malpheroth Elder

Thanks for this!

This isn't my only mmorpg, you should know.

I just don't see how they have all of these awesome spell effects and we're stuck spamming the same 4 nukes over and over while charm breaks every half minute. I really don't mind the combat. I simply thnk each ability should be more impactful. As it stands, I feel like my 12 spells are worth 6 and an AA or two, while 80% of my other AAs are useless and it takes an hour to read through all these useless buttons.
  12. Fian Augur

I disagree with pretty much everything the OP proposed. I like enc just the way they are. And enc are a much simpler class than others I have played like beastlord and warrior, so it isn't like they need consolidation.

I think the only change I would like to see is to remove a level cap on Noctambulate. It has a long recast, but it would be nice to be able to help the group you are in by mezzing 1 mob every once in a while when you are low level. And there is the occasional mezzable mob that is beyond the level 108 current cap.

To help educate the OP, here is the situational use of the 3 AE mez spells:
    • Point Blank AE - very fast cast, very short duration mez that targets every mob near you. Great for when multiple mobs are attacking you, and you need to stop things quickly. You also will never mez yourself with this spell. This spell is almost in my spell lineup.
    • Mob targeted AE - Targets a mob and those near it. Can mez yourself, and it tracks with the mob while casting, so the target mob is always mezzed. I have this up in certainly situations.
    • Area targeted AE - This allows precision in where you cast the spell, but I find it takes extra time to choose the location, plus a mob can move out of that location before spell lands. I am not a fan of it, but I know other skilled enc that do use it. Less likely to mezz yourself with this spell than the above one.
  13. Malpheroth Elder

My favorite! Thanks for the clarity, pardon the pun.
  14. High Voltage Augur

All there is - op stating he has no idea what tools an enchanter has nor has he an idea how/when to use them.

Not worth a serious reply.
  15. Malpheroth Elder

I had no idea this game was so full of pretentious inclusivity that somebody who casually plays this game can't find enjoyment. I'm sorry to hear that so many people are stuck in their ways, but name one other game with this amount of redundancy. Name one other game where you have 20 combat abilities that you use less than once per 12 hours of combat.

This game has 20 years of bloat and I'm surprised that you give Daybreak such little credit when they're still the ones releasing new spells and content. I have a feeling that this game would be in much better shape with a new UI and an overhaul removing all of this clunky bloat. You can tell they went to great pains to see this game into the new generation of MMORPGS, but it wasn't enough. They added new zones and tools, but forgot to clean things up in the process.

I can't be the only one frustrated with having to manage 80 buttons and 12 buffs every time I log on for a session of play. I shouldn't even bother responding to these troll posts, but with the frequency that people defend these 80 buttons I'm starting to get worried. Some of the most popular, and most fun video games have less than 12 buttons total, but instead you'd prefer some butchered DnD game where the pace of combat prohibits using more than a single or couple defensive AAs meanwhile the other 80% are entirely useless for enchanters.

I don't mean to bash on this game so heavily though, there's a lot to love. Another pun, excuse me. I hope you understand how fine of a line this game caters to once you pass into bloat territory.
  16. Malpheroth Elder

If anyone is interested my Enchanter is Ephyrean on the Firiona Vie server.
  17. Malpheroth Elder

Also worth mentioning is that I apologize for complaining so heavily about the AA system when it's really secondary to the spell rotation and lineup.
  18. High Voltage Augur

Imo your observations are as good as your conclusions are bad.
  19. Malpheroth Elder

This is a person who wants to see the game we all love wither and die. Regardless of my observations you seem to be slandering my character. It's no wonder you're in such grave disagreement.

I'm really not liking most of the feedback I'm getting. People seem to be pretty satisfied with the way things are, and the last thing Daybreak is going to do is betray their most loyal customers. I'd be happy to hear more responses from people that don't have a stick up their for the human species.
  20. Tinyfeet Elder

You cruise in here guns blazing telling us how to fix the class when you have no idea what you're talking about and we're the jerks?