How to Cleric??

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Talonthalis, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Talonthalis Elder

Hey all! Finally got my epic 2.0 completed (woohoo!) to complement Divine Arbitration. As I'm only in a group setting at the moment: how are people working this into their healing rotations? What situations are you hitting this regularly? I'd like to hear use case scenarios from groupers and raiders.

When is the best time to use it?

Hope everyone is having a great spring!
    Metanis and fransisco like this.
  2. Gundolin Augur

Grats, :)

Good question, I'd like to see how others use theirs. Mine is in my panic button rotation.

4 - Burst of Life
    5 - Beacon of Life
    6 - Divine Arbitration AA
    9 - Epic

I'll often hit 4 & 5 almost simultaneously, if I feel like my Multibind isn't keeping Up I hit 6. If it is falling behind again I'll hit 9.
  3. Brohg Augur

Shield/Arb are the real rescue heal abilities and they're bi-modal. Either you use the group's hp to powerfully heal the tank, or you use the tank's hp to heal someone else in the group.

Like Burst/Beacon AAs, instant-ish to fit between spells & catch you up versus heavy incoming tank damage. Only unlike burst/beacon these are big enough to actually heal up that tank, not just fill with an extra bit of healing. New BP clicks are similarly powerful at countering damage on the tank.

They're ALSO group heals, so if someone who isn't the tank gets dinged, you can Shield/Arb them up and just keep going on the tank - your group heal procs (Tunare's Grace AA) will top up the group inside a tick or two anyhow, if normal use of Undying on the tank doesn't get them first.

So they're not part of any "rotation" per se. Getting the shield means you have access to this tool more than twice as often, though, since having two of it means you can be more cavalier about throwing them regularly.
  4. Talonthalis Elder

Thanks Brohg and Gundolin! Does Shield/Arb work to heal pets and mercs as well as party members? I can certainly see where a mage pet is off-tanking and suddenly gets too low for re-targeting a heal and Arbitration would be a quick answer to keep it alive.
  5. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Great thread, I learned a lot. Quick question:

At 85 the Devout Remedy spell doesn't have a recast time longer than the global cooldown, so the spell is always up as soon as you can cast any spell again. This results in a spam key set that only ever casts that one spell. Am I missing something or does the Remedy line change later on?
  6. Talonthalis Elder

Yes it does. In the higher levels it drops casting time: Earnest and Faithful Remedies drop to 1.75. Graceful and beyond drop to .5.

I hope this helps!
  7. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

That's true, but the part I was wondering about is this:

Devout Remedy

versus

Earnest Remedy

The Spell Bar Lockout and Recast times get swapped going from one to the other. That is what makes them work properly with a multi-bind key, where as the earlier versions don't.

The spell line seems to start at 59 (although the 51 spell is similar), and works that way up through Devout Remedy, then changes with Earnest Remedy and follows that formula up to the most recent spells. I guess I'll just have to wait until I have the 86 and 91 versions before I can go to a multi-bind key setup for healing.
  8. Brohg Augur

just can't multi-bind that spell line. you can totally multibind before then, with Interventions, Renewals ahead of your Light spell
  9. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

That did the trick, thanks! I now have one intervention, two renewals, and one light spell on a multi-bind key. There was an AA heal I could have added in there too, but I put it on it's own key since it's an instant heal and I might need it more in an emergency.

I went to Fortress Mechanotus with that setup, and my J5 merc, and it worked out well. Even with 4 mobs on him I was able to heal fine with minimal effort. I rotated between Contravention and Denunciation and the healing spam key. It went really well.