How to claim the free heroic Character?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by nehemiaxx, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

So far I've been able to claim it on 3 of 3 tried but now when I load another account it crashes after character select.
  2. Bella222 Elder

I have 3 all access accounts and one free one. On the character select screen only 1 account says I have a heroic character available. The other 2 all access and the free acct. haven't give me my free heroic upgrade. What's up? This is just like EQ2. Give us something new and then it isn't implemented. Hope they get this straightened out so I can get double experience on my 85s.
  3. Lynnia Augur

Have you logged all the way in to a character and then back out to char select?
    disgruntled likes this.
  4. Indigo79 New Member

Yea, all you have to do is log a toon all the way in, that flags your account for the HC. Then either use it on the toon you have logged in or log back to char select and you will see the 1 beside Heroic Character. I have made one on main account.. silver account and a free account.
  5. Jiro New Member

Didn't move all my inventory from my character I wanted to heroic to the bank but hit upgrade character...didn't get any gear...is it somewhere I am not looking or am I screwed?

Thanks.
  6. Moege Augur

Look at the quest rewards it is in there.
    eq button->quests->reward
  7. KC13 Augur

8. Pani Augur

Anyone know if you have to make your heroic before March 31, or just log in to your account so that it is flagged for it?
  9. Geroblue Augur

Rosen cleared that up elsewhere in these forums.
  10. Gialana Augur

In one of the many other posts on the subject, a dev said that once you're granted this heroic character, it will function the same as those purchased in the marketplace, meaning you will still have the slot after March 31. You'll also be able to reuse this slot if you delete the heroic character you made with it. Of course you will only be granted the platinum and bayles marks the first time you use this slot.
  11. Roxxors Lorekeeper

Well, except for the fact that that does not work at all... There is no green button...

If you want to blow 15$ try this:

Create new FTP account.
    Create a toon on it.
    Convert it to All Access.
    Log out

You will not get a heroic 85 toon update. Nuff said. It is broken.

Grats, you now have an All Access account with no Heroic 85 toon upgrade...
  12. disgruntled Augur

Twenty accounts, 19 of them worked. I expect we'll have to petition but 1/20 failure is darn good. I'm grateful.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  13. Geroblue Augur

I have done all 5 of my accounts, 4 silver and one all access.

One I clicked the upgrade button on Inventory, and two I used the big green 'Upgrade Character' button at character select. The other 2 I used the method I posted about earlier.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  14. Nwah New Member

came back to live EQ for the first time in many years last night, to my home server of AB.

I tried to make a character to upgrade to heroic, as per the advertisement, but it was clear that the server was very slow. It too like 1 minute just to search if the name was taken on character creation.

Then I finally get past that, and the game crashes on first login. I wait for my character to leave, and log in again, and realize I have 2 of every starting item, so now apparently my character was made twice due to some bug, and I can't claim the heroic character that was advertised, it seems.

I have tried to put in a message to GM's asking to fix this, but the petition system isn't even ingame anymore, i had to go out of the game to put in the ticket, which has yet to receive any response.

It is also worth noting that i successfully claimed 3 heroic characters on other servers, before running into this problem on AB. I would like a response at least to my ticket, I don't think that's too much to ask.