How to avoid the mistakes of the last beta

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Lilura, Sep 1, 2018.

1. jeskola pheerie

So tl;dr you were a recruit for a top raid guild, were denied membership, and are on a quest for revenge.
  2. IblisTheMage Augur

Maybe a solution is an alpha, giving devs time to consume the feedback.
  3. Tucoh Augur

If DBG would've only been swayed by more feedback on how annoying skyfire was, they would've changed the drunken effect and carpet bombing drakes post-release. And instead of Skyfire being a permanently dead zone, it would've been a good part of the zones history to bring new people in and say, "You see those drakes flying around? They used to aggro from miles away and swarm you, and those vampires used to get you drunk faster than moonshine."
  4. IblisTheMage Augur

The problem is also that it is somewhat wasted effort. I have mostly stayed out of Skyfire, mostly because of its bad rep. HS sounds easier, and is easier to get to, so why should I ever go to skyfire?...
  5. bigpapa Augur

faction hit is another annoying thing , I mainly leveled in OT at launch , enough be becoming kos to many mobs in OT and gorowyn.

our 1st gorowyn raid , I was kos there and anything who was poping were jumping on me1st .

I had to go raise my faction in FM .

now ,I try to avoid to xp in OT or gorowyn and skyfire because of the faction hits, I go to HS or sathir when I want to burn lotd.

I don't want to be kos anymore in raid, and xp anyway is better in hs and sathir
  6. bigpapa Augur

faction hit is another annoying thing , I mainly leveled in OT at launch , enough be becoming kos to many mobs in OT and gorowyn.

our 1st gorowyn raid , I was kos there and anything who was poping were jumping on me1st .

I had to go raise my faction in FM .

now ,I try to avoid to xp in OT or gorowyn and skyfire because of the faction hits, I go to HS or sathir when I want to burn lotd.

I don't want to be kos anymore in raid, and xp anyway is better in hs and sathir
  7. Tucoh Augur

Oh and if the dev who was responsible for getting the drakes to work as well as they did as aerial bombers reads this, I actually enjoyed the mechanic and thought it made the zone one of the few exciting outdoor zones in the game. I know I'm in the minority in this, and the fact that I multi-box makes it easier for me to coordinate around the drakes than someone soloing, and most people would rather the more challenging content be kept in dungeons, but thanks!
    Brohg likes this.
  8. Drogba Augur

That's not true, I fought the named that you mentioned in OT, and did the skyfire progression and personally didn't have enough of an issue with any of it to consider it in need of change.

My message to you would be to get involved in the beta, and become one of us that report issues where we see them.
    Brohg, IblisTheMage and svann like this.
  9. Tucoh Augur

It is funny that bleeding edge raiders get blamed for solo/group content being annoying / hard. The people who tested the raids are probably the most frequent testers of the group content, and even if a raider didn't test group content, so what? It's not their job.
  10. catcattank Elder

Clearly, what needs to happen is a system where the mobs HP value scales with the dps being done to it, resulting in "fair " fights for all.
  11. Febb Augur

From my observation of RoS and EoK beta, once the raiders were done with progression, Beta was basically a ghost town. I would see maybe a group or two doing content during the evening hours when raiders were doing raid content. You can't properly test the expansion thoroughly if only the top end raiders are playing in beta. We need the groupers and casuals playing as well.
    Caell likes this.
  12. Gnomereaper Augur

Been arguing that for a number of years, honestly. Top end raiders do a lot of beta testing, but there were some raids that were tuned differently because of different perspectives of top end guilds. I know for ourselves, when we did beta raids we tried to avoid some of the dumb pitfalls for the things we knew other players hated.

What we did was to generally talk down specific mechanics like Death Touch effects and such, and focus on fun stuff. However, the movement towards more scripted events and "running around" with sound triggers shows a distinct move on the developer's taste. Not a fan of some of the newer raids.
  13. svann Augur

If people dont want to beta test theres not much you can do to get them in there. helmet ornament? Tried that. Maybe give 1 daybreak cash for every mob killed?
  14. Gnomereaper Augur

Lord Britania on the Ecology System in Ultima Online:

The basic gist is they had a grass/herbivore/predator system, and people just mowed down mobs in the overworld system. When it came to testing, no matter what they did people just killed all the mobs.
  15. moogs Augur

The solution is to have an OPEN beta, where all players can join. Not just the 1% that are hand picked for invitations.
  16. Febb Augur

Do raiding guilds get invited early into beta before the published release of beta? I've never been in a guild that was invited for that purpose. I don't think they filter who gets into the published beta, I think most people just don't sign up if they aren't in one of the big raiding guilds.
  17. IblisTheMage Augur

Betas are open, just buy the expansion...
  18. Moege Augur

That showed up about 6 months after beta closed. At a stage wondered if we were going to receive it or not. Actually paying for testing :eek:x2
  19. CrazyLarth Augur

having the Devs listen to a bunch of Free To Play players would be a Big miss stake.
  20. Shredd Augur

As many of you high end raiders know. I love Beta! so bring it on I want beta!