How the server sees TL...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Invictvs, May 28, 2015.

1. giantofbabil Journeyman

I see TL as a hardcore raiding guild. That's it.
    Banuvan and Reht like this.
  2. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Exactly. Like any guild, it's going to have it's share of dbags and great people and everything in between.

I really don't know why all the hate is necessary. Every server, ever, has always had one dominating guild and, usually, one or two right behind with a few others behind that.

Killing bosses early is virtually meaningless to the vast majority of the playerbase. Someone is going to do it, it might as well be them. What matters is how everyone acts once there is competition.
  3. Goodnews Augur

+1 for the pwnage. /thread :D
  4. Nuanil Elder

There's no time for work or sex, most women don't think a while you play EQ counts as meaningful sex.
    Invictvs likes this.
  5. Invictvs Augur

#Truth
    Nuanil likes this.
  6. Tamier Augur

If the TL guild is causing problems, and you are a member of it, people will lump you with your guild. That has happened on every server.
  7. Tamier Augur

Quite a bit it has worked, obviously they chose to ignore one specific group though.
  8. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Totally agree. As a long-time EQ player, sometimes raider, usually a grouper, sometimes soloer, sometimes boxer, myself I appreciate what they've pulled off. It's really cool, IMO, to see a small group of people get their act together, prepare, and get it done. More with less. That's what makes EQ the great game that it is.

As you say, it's not people pushing the high end that concern me. I think most of the popular criticism comes from a standpoint of jealousy on some level, which is ridiculous in a game (and all to prevalent in our times in the real world..."look at my inherent nobility in not being one of the 'evil' 1%") and/or the propensity of modern gamers to try to foist their own personal playstyles and preferences on everyone else, which is just as ridiculous. Personally, like you, it's the random idiot you encounter along the way in another group or your own, boxers who think they can box but can't, etc. that concerns me the most day to day.

At least the 1%ers actually know how to play the freaking game well.
    Invictvs likes this.