How old is your guild? Guild Tool info requested

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fading Illusion, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Fading Illusion Augur

Force of Valor is one of the oldest guilds on Tunare and we're proud of our rich history. But we need help...

We're planning a big reunion/anniversary party for our upcoming 19 and 20th(!?!?) anniversary.

But we're not sure *just how old* we are. We believe we were started in late 1999 or 2000. I'm sure other great guilds have a long storied history and members that have been with them through it all!

As a guild leader, I'm constantly using the Guild Management Tool. The updates to customization of members and ranks is useful and appreciated!

But I'd love to see additional info added to the Guild Management Tool such as Guild Creation Date and "Member Since Date" functionality.

I've been told (By Jenn Chan I think?) that the info is in the database for guilds. I know it's programming that would be at the bottom of the "to do" list, but I'd love to see it.

What else would you like to see in the guild tool? Wishful thinking or a worthwhile quality of life addition?

Fading Illusion
    Force of Valor
    Tunare Server
  2. Moege Augur

A search option ...
  3. Goodn Augur

A number of guilds have had to be rebuilt due to problems with the guild database. I know Lions of the Heart on Xegony (rip Druzzil Ro rip Xev) has needed a rebuilt at least once (possibly twice) and we are not the only guild to have gone through this. I'm not sure if the guild database will have the right date created for ours and other guilds. Not to mention guild join dates for players...

For REALLY big guilds (we have 4890 members), the guild database current interface is just not that pleasant. When we have new members join, we tell them to make sure to turn off Show Offline or they will get a lovely long delay each time the guild management window comes up.

That said, it would be nice to see the data...

And a search tab that would let you search for specific names or public notes (we keep main info in Public Note field) would rock.
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I'd like to be able to change the Public Note on a character without the fear that it is accidentally changing it on the wrong toon. I've had that happen too often.
  5. Goodn Augur

Fanra (and anyone else),

If you always start on the main roster tab and highlight the toon you want to edit their public note THEN switch to the notes tab, you will always edit the correct toon...regardless of which toon is displayed in the notes tab after you update the public notes field. Switching back to the roster tab will show that you have edited the correct public note for the toon you want.

The notes tab display gets confused when people zoning and logged on and off. But the game remembers which toon you selected from the roster tab.

I have edited hundreds of public notes and this method always works for me. The only times I have ever had an issue is when I try to do my selections from the notes tab. It would be nice if this was fixed...but at least there is a confident workaround.
    Fanra likes this.
  6. Numiko Augur

wasn't it late 1999 or early 2000 when all guilds were wiped in a bug and you saw "an unknown guild" as your guild title? That may cause problems when trying to identify the age of your guild.
  7. Danladil Elder

I would like to see more ranks added or the ability of cloning a rank and giving it a different name.
  8. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

The info would be great.... but probably unreliable, and at that point, why bother. For example, I have no doubt that our creation date would be last year (lol!) because half of us lost our guilds on Luclin due to a bug.