How Much Would You Pay for a Private Pick?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Brontus, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Dawdle Augur

There are other threads on this topic and I am not sure DB can handle the requests even if they do realize that the ideas are sound.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/group-instancing-is-the-only-solution.257553/

Instancing may refer to: Geometry instancing, a technique used in real-time rendering. Dungeon instancing, a technique used in online games to provide individual players or groups of players with their own instance of some sort of content at the same time.

True box has failed. RMT is the strongest it's ever been due to some rule changes and DB stance towards PnP. The guy in Rathe made 100's of krono off GE before getting trained out of there and now he's farming plat on a level no one on the server can compete with. Smart move really because if he couldn't hold that camp anymore he can sure increase the value of what he's made by inflating the market. He's literately controlling Mangler now because not only is he farming huge amounts of plat but he's also buying every krono on alts in EC. If you try to buy a krono he'll just offer more. If no one else is buying krono then he just offers less and he who controls the flow of krono and plat on the server runs it. This debases even the raid guilds.

http://tlpauctions.com/?i=Krono

I understand it's a competitive game but your average players are going to get locked out of everything here pretty fast. The question here is this, is this really a guy or group of people playing 18 toons nearly 24/7? If it's a group that's account sharing if it's just one guy that's very hard to believe. All that aside what about everything else people want to do? Kunark will see him move to shrunken goblin skull earring and it'll be so you won't ever be able to farm it on your own. If not there someplace familiar like CoS, SeB, Chardok... All these place will have pick hopping mass boxers running the show. The rule change is ok but you can't expect groups to compete with mass boxers.

The best thing I think to do at this point and it wouldn't need a policy change or policing would be to add group instancing of camps or contested zones. Yeah that's right DB, cut and paste a section of zone that has a contested camp in it and offer people an instance. Cuts down on server load and lets people farm epics, items, plat or whatever without having to deal with what’s going on. We can't really even say that the market matters anymore just make it so people can play the game the way they want. The community is not going to resolve its differences and its moot point anyway. I rent server space from you under certain conditions; I follow the rules of those conditions. I don't expect you police a bunch of grown adults and stick your foot in everywhere but I think its best you start working towards separating people by offering instances so that people following your rules can still play the game. This is just going to be a bigger and bigger problem if you don't do anything DB but if you offer group instances like I am suggesting and let people farm for themselves it doesn't matter what the RMTers do because they won't have the control that they have now...

I know you can't just cut a paste a camp from in a zone and offer an instance of it, like if only it were that easy, but at this point I would work towards sorting this out. You'd be moving towards a fully automated game that doesn't need to be policed. It's what you want.

This is totally an OP and I am in a number of guilds which I know for a fact are going to get hard by WoW's vanilla release. You got no idea who will miss who when the time comes you only know what you think. A lot of the big guilds RMT and are held up by their main boxers so things won't change for some but it'll change for others and those changes will draw people away from EQ. Mark my words.

[IMG]

CD Projects Reds Cyberpunk 2077 is due to release next year April 16, 2020. I for one have waited a long time for this and never cared for WoW so will ride it out till this but CD Project Red is doing a number of things that will change MMO's altogether. Cyberpunk is being released as a single player open world RPG but CD Project Red has let info about support for MOBA leak.

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/66473/cyberpunk-2077-multiplayer-confirmed-cd-projekt-red/index.html

People will begin to interact with each other indifferent ways after this. CD Project Reds ideas regarding the future of MMO-RPGS is that it supports single player and then group instancing over the Cloud. Play alone or with your friends and then take your toons into instances to battle it out against other players FPS e-sports style. It's brilliant really. The way they are setting everything up sounds like it will appeal to every level of gamer. In today's world we just don't have time to compete over long random spawn timers to progress our characters. Many people enjoy putting in the work but everybody hates losing that work to people playing outside the rules. No Devs want to police open servers either. Separate people and then provide them with the only thing that matters; the opportunity to group with their friends and then destroy their enemies in an open world arena.
  2. Chatoyan Elder

Private zones would probably be a huge money maker, if they had someone able to code/test it, but I'd really prefer they just hire a GM to police the worst offenders. Probably wouldn't even need to be a full time gig, once they demonstrated a willingness to use a ban hammer for the egregious crap. Hell, they might even be able to pay for it through reclaimed kronos on the banned accounts.

I've never been one to buy/sell krono, so that part is mostly irrelevant to me, but botters locking down entire zones (and multiple picks thereof) is a PITA for people just trying to play a game for a while.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

not to mention the unseen money that is kept by retaining customers that otherwise simply quit because the game is unmoderated and the warping and hacking is largely unmitigated.
  4. Gremin Augur

I have posted it a million times but I'll post it again. Surround yourself with people who hold themselves at a higher standard, play the game at higher standard and a guild who still polices themselves with the play nice policy even though Daybreak wont.
  5. Gana Augur

Go to Fippy and have a private server. #UnlockFippy #MakeItLive
  6. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I just want to add that this would not just be used on TLP servers. During the first couple months of an expansion's release, I would happily pay for the ability to spawn my own picks on Live servers. Stratos was so horribly overcrowded during the first couple of weeks after release that I couldn't wait to leave the zone. Nothing fun about dying to an AE from a mob that somebody is fighting somewhere you can't even see.

Price? I would consider paying about $20 (about as much as a krono) for the ability to spawn infinite picks for a month. Only one pick at a time would be fine, but I'd want the ability to invite (and kick) anybody I chose.