how much does alliance benefit the insults themselves?

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Svann2, Mar 27, 2022.

1. Svann2 The Magnificent

Alliance says its supposed to add 120-130% to other bards insults. Does that mean it makes them 2.25x more damage (and does it actually work)? Tried to test it with a L85 heroic bard alt but he didnt gain anything at all. Maybe his insult was too low level, but it doesnt say theres a lower limit.
  2. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Increase Spell Damage Taken by 110% to 125% (After Crit)
    Spell Group: Venimor's Insult

So 85 should work, the 85 bard just needs to crit to gain the bonus damage? Since the spell itself shouldn't be able to crit, that's the only thing I can assume from the spell data.

85 is the lower limit of the spell, and 110 is the top limit.

Edit:

I see what's happening.

You're actually using: Coalition of Sticks and Stones Rk. III
    Increase Spell Damage Taken by 120% to 130% (After Crit)
    Spell Group: Lyrin's Insult

Which has a lower level limit of 90, and top of 120
    Svann2 likes this.
  3. Svann2 The Magnificent

Ahh ok. So "after crit" - does that mean it only adds 125% of the base damage or can it add 125% of total crit damage? I can never remember those definitions.
  4. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

As for where the damage applies.. I wouldn't know without seeing and comparing parse values. Only that the hit must be a critical hit to apply the bonus damage. EQ is nothing if not inconsistent about how these things work. It may apply the bonus to the full crit total. It may only apply to the critical damage bonus part.

From what I've read about the introduction of the spell line, it seems it should be the former (Full crit damage total x2.2 to 2.3 for the new spell or 2.1 to 2.25 for the one that ought to work with the heroic toon)

The biggest thing is, you need to use the lower version of the song if you're going to test with an 85 heroic bard.
    Svann2 likes this.
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

Thanks thats big help. I was focussed on L85 being not having high enough spell and didnt think about that I could use a lower level alliance.
  6. ptah Augur

ok so as I read it, 125% of x value post crit. As x equals to value post crit of other bards, assume range keeps every bard in. Assume it works, right like everything works.

100k insult for svann3rd while recieving 125% bonus, would that total out to be 225% if we apply a base 125%? Now like many things, its not massive, its not pre crit yum yum. But its something. And if the team of bards is filling and apply near 100% its more dps, inch by inch.

Whats funny to me is that the synergy to our groupies is much than focus mod to our class, bard101 I suppose.

200k add on synergy vs class add on, well I suppose the party bard get both so we are ok.
  7. Svann2 The Magnificent

result of measure
    Using 85 heroic bard and L102 alliance:
    venimor's insult:
    base damage 7448, or 26440 if crit
    with alliance 15485, or 35618 on crit
    gain was about 8k to 9k regardless
    Concluding that the +120-130% is based on base damage.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.