how many players play more then 1 account at the same time.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by mark, Jul 23, 2021.

1. mark Augur

So mosts day our core group of players will have 3 to 7 players, 2 never box but they play alts if we are doing lvl 60 content say herbalist in chardordok we would have 2plus groups there,some guildies join us somtimes we did every main epic also we love playing our alts and or lvl boxes i feel like more then half the server boxes,i would love to know what % of the tlp box compared to non boxers and i feel like the antiboxer people have mostly left the tlp,also we have a disadventage against the botters and hackers,truebox his an issue for the non hacking crowd .
  2. Nwpskl New Member

There's a difference between botting/hacking and boxing. One is cheating, the other isn't. And although both cheaters and non-cheaters exist on every single server, it's only logical to assume that those who choose to cheat are far fewer in number on TLP's than those playing legitimately for obvious reasons. As for wanting actual percentages of boxxed versus unboxxed characters?.. I don't know.. Is there some sort of official or estimated number for this somewhere? If I had to guess based on my own observations, I'd wager it's maybe close to a 50/50 split between those who play 2 or more characters, and those who only ever play one character at a time.
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

I TrueBox.

I was going to give Rizlona a try but the stars didn't align for me.
  4. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

5. Elskidor Augur

I've boxed one other character since 2018ish. Took a long time until I caved. I also have 2 computers set up for true box servers.
  6. SoandsoForumUser Augur

Impossible to tell. I'd guess around 30%
  7. Cainen Augur

I truebox between 2(well) and 7(not well at all). Almost everyone I know in game also boxes at least 1 other pc. I think the number of people who dont box at least one is the minority, but no way to tell for sure.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

I'll put my guess in at 60%.
  9. Bandzamakeherdance Elder

I play 2 characters true box. Got a laptop for the second one sitting next to the keyboard for the main account on the desktop.
  10. Risiko Augur

From time to time, I truebox 2 accounts.

I prefer playing a single character at a time though. There are times when nobody is available and/or wants to do the same thing I want to do. Those are the times when I boot up my box on the second computer.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Truebox 2, 1 on PC with laptop next to it for the 2nd. Occasionally 3, but the 3rd is on the other halfs PC and is usually just for crack and speed. It is no hardship to walk across the room every 30 minutes to cast buffs, other than that the 3rd char does nothing but leech exp.

I prefer to only play one but groups aren't always available.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

On live before 2008 I 4-boxed by tab-switching up to 4 characters, sometimes 2 or 3 boxing on raids the last 2 years of that.
    On live 2015 ish I 4-boxed with 2 characters on main pc & 2 on a second pc, no raiding.
    Trueboxed 2 on TLP 2017 onwards including full-time 2 boxing during raids for a year or more.
    Started 3 boxing on TLP at some point but stopped full-time 2 boxing on raids at that time.
    Now I am back on live, I will probably 4 box with 2 on my Primary PC & 2 on the secondary & tertiary PCs, might eventually go up as far as 5 boxing on occasion but no interest in 6 boxing at all.

I prefer to do full-progression with a group when the expansion opens then faff about dragging my boxes kicking and screaming through it later.

3 boxing on TLP with no Tank was a pain in the rear so I plan to box a tank as my 4th now I am back on live.
  13. Numiko Augur

I used to 3 box with alt tab on live for a long time, then added a 4th account when recruit a alt .. err .. I mean friend :oops: came out.

When I decided to try Phinny I initially 2 boxed on two PC and over the next several years added more PC's so that I could 4 true box.

Only one of my PC's I would call modern, the rest are a bunch of spare parts cobbled together, luckily EQ does not take a lot of power to run :)

I have a large corner desk set up in our spare bedroom and have all the monitors and keyboard fanned out in front of me so I can see all 4 at the same time.

other then it gets darned hot in the room in the summer I am quite happy with my set-up.
    Skuz likes this.
  14. Machen New Member

It's not too late!
    Accipiter likes this.
  15. Vlahkmaak Augur

Currently 3 boxing on Mischief; 1 PC and 2 laptops. Shammy to the left, Bard to the right, War in front of me.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am....
    Mallicious, Roxas MM, Iyacc and 4 others like this.
  17. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

I true box 2 accounts with my laptop and pc on Thornblade, and
    3 box in luclin 2 on my pc 1 on laptop(sometimes).
  18. Sorrows New Member

I six box on Mischief with 2 pcs and 4 laptops.

Was 2 boxing the 2nd day this game was out in 99 after pushing 2 gateway desktops side by side.

There will always be jealous people crying about boxers, put them on ignore immediately and go about your day. If you are boxing then it doesn't matter, you don't need them in your group anyway. =)
    Appren, code-zero and Sourire like this.
  19. Shemak Journeyman

There is a lot of people who aint truboxing.
  20. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I was a single account player for a long time. Finally added a second account around 2016/2017. Was trying to complete CotF progression with a Monk and a merc, and hit a point where I needed an actual tank and healer to progress. Started up a Shaman and leveled it to 92 before I burned out. Never actually caught up to the 105 Monk, although it is 97 today thanks to Overseer.

When I came back this year, I continued with both accounts. Now playing an Enchanter and Cleric, which are in the 111-113 range. Also picked back up a Paladin/Bard combo on Agnarr, and started on Thornblade with Mage/Wizard and Ranger/Cleric combos.

When I started boxing it was on Live, so I did it from the same PC, but hated Alt-Tabbing or clicking into different windows. This added to my burnout when I did end up leaving. Since coming back it's all been boxing on separate PC's. Sometimes that gets a little hairy for me, since I don't multitask well, but it beats the alt-tab option. As long as I don't have to switch targets too much, I can heal and keep things mezzed without too much trouble.