How many people do you know that boxes now days?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Peltier, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Enjoy the game how you like...
  2. Numzan Augur

Boxed up to 12 before i retired. I just come here once in awhile to see updates and whats new. Played one for years, and boxed for the multitasking changes. Its a whole new game for some. I respect both parties playing true boxes, multi boxes and single players. Whatever lets you enjoy an aged game.
    NeverPayForLag and Whulfgar like this.
  3. Cicelee Augur

De La Soul is from the soul.

Now I have to go to you tube and watch that video again. Classic song...
  4. Aurastrider Augur

My earliest boxing days was actually in the early 2000's although I did not even know what boxing was. I bought a second computer so I could explore the lands without waiting to get into a group (a little backwards from today looking for a group). When I came back to the game after taking a break for college I soloed several toons to low 60's until I finally got one to 90ish and then the mules started to pop up as I ran out of bank space. Eventually I had my mules up every time I logged in. I was able to play much earlier than I do now so I still continued to group with guildmates and such but when they logged for the evening it left me with nothing to do. So I decided to PL up some of these mules just to keep me busy but not really expecting to actually do anything with them. Fast forward and I have nearly 20 accounts (12 that have toons I actually log in or use on a regular basis) and 5 box now but I have done as much as 12 boxing just to see if I could. To the posters that say boxing is the "easy" route obviously know nothing about boxing. My original box team consisted of a ranger tank with a cleric healer which presented a nice challenge trying to keep him upright being a light tank. In the end it all started with a darn mule and ended up being an obsession. I do agree its nearly impossible to be as good as someone playing one class when you have to manage multiple classes. That's not to say you are not as good or knowledgeable about your classes as someone who only plays one toon but a boxers efficiency revolves around total group efficiency rather than one character. Ok I am rambling after a 12 hour work day.
  5. Whulfgar Augur

There are ways to assist yourself when boxing. Yes this won t help each box be as good as an actual solo played toon.

However when I play my healer classes druid n shaman I have single target heals as well as we heals rolling

And the wizards are easy 5 nukes per hotkey.. with an alliance system rolling it's pretty easy to just smoke threw most content.

They key is to understand what you want to do. Then go about learning how to most easily accomplish this. I started boxing when as had a mass exodus (God expansion era) and since then never looked back . If I or my friends need some thing I just the army out and get to getting.
  6. Whulfgar Augur

My own box crew was built with the easiest setup in mind I could push the most dps with. 2 healers, 3 dps, 1 ccer, 1 tank.
  7. TenkenTurtle Elder

I played solo Paladin from the beginning till RL started taking priority in Legacy of Ykesha days. I came back in The Darkened Sea days to find I could molo about 50% of the content but needed a group do handle the rest. Now finding a group is where this game would seem to lose it's luster. I would find a group often enough but all too often not enough to do what I wanted to do. It took awhile but in the Broken Mirror I decided to roll a shaman to help. Well this definitely allowed me to handle most of the content when a group wasn't available. 2 box with 2 merc is a decent ability to handle most everything. And no it was not easy to box. It is a huge learning curve to figure out how to box effectively. Well after about 8 months of that I decided some extra DPS would greatly help so I rolled a ranger. I started just having the ranger autofollow me assist and range dps what he could. While this helped it didn't add the amount of DPS I thought the ranger was capable of so learned to effectively aggro, slow, position, and melee. This eventually got very successful and having a ranged DPS when needed is also very handy at times. In EoK I felt comfortable enough with boxing I went up to add a fourth member. A bard which I absolutely love. it's the best puller and definitely increases the dps of the whole group. Melody makes twisting songs a cinch for the bard so just setting up an assist and melody macro in everquest made adding this member much easier. Just need to position, assist and melody.

I box now and pretty much have to in order to enjoy the game as much as I do. Not only does it open up more content for you to handle when you need to handle it. It opens up the older content for all those new characters for you to do. There is nothing wrong with people who box. They are just trying to enjoy the game too.
    Eonan likes this.
  8. Conq Augur

I've been known to 6 box. When I raid, I play my main, no boxing. When not raiding, I run with friends and guildies through RoS missions on whichever of my toons the group lacks. Maybe once every 2 months I join a pickup group on one of my toons. It's fun for an hour or two then I go back to my regularly scheduled program of boxes. OH ya, and I know of 1 player who doesn't box or have alts. Just one.
    Aurastrider likes this.
  9. Fohpo Augur

Dear Tiggold,

I heard you like having friends on your new server and I am also in search of friends. Saerza also mentioned you enjoyed carrying scrubs such as myself through RoS missions with massive DPS, please come play.
  10. Tiggold Augur

Dear Fohpo,

I'm always looking for friends. I enjoy long walks on deserted beaches, Ramen as a meal, and using lotion as deodorant when needed. Please look for me under the make out tree near the merchants quarters in Plane of Knowledge.
  11. lancelove Augur

End the progression servers! Let those people repopulate live servers, and merge the dead servers with no population. You would see less boxing because there would be more people lfg. More guilds created. Its not rocket science.