How many are main changing to zerkers and why?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Voss, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Voss Elder

Discuss
  2. crag79 Augur

That is the plan. Depends on the return of guildies that are on break really, but I enjoy the class and they can be fun to play in groups and raids. Very misunderstood class.
  3. Jagular Journeyman

I will try a Berzerker but i will play my level 30 cleric as a main when the zerker horde hits late 20'ies =)
  4. Aegir Augur

In my guild we got 4 high RA members total that are mainchanging and one with lesser RA changing to Zerker.

Classes switching to Zerker are, 1x Paladin, 1x Cleric, 1x Rogue, 1x Shaman 1x Shadowknight.

Like half of them had planned to roll Zerker once they become available. The rest wanted to try a new class to play. I think you'd see a lot of Rogues trying to go for a Berzerker due to the relative dissappointing DPS output so far from this class. Will be interesting to see the curve of Rogues vs. Zerkers going forward.
  5. Rovell Elder

I'm switching to Zerker and I've always been a Rogue main (4 different servers) and I'm excited about the switch for a few reasons:

1. I'm a glutton for punishment and played a Rogue in classic... Zerkers I feel will take a few expansions to really ramp up.
    2. They seem to require more effort to maximize dps, I'm hoping that means more skill because that appeals to me.
    3. My guild likes to flip bosses like nobody's business (lol) and it frustrates me to lose DPS having to constantly strafe to find the mob's back. It will be less impactful on a Zerker.

So yea, new challenges and all, bring it on!~
  6. AgentofChange Augur

What? Rogues will be twice as good as any zerker will be for the next few expansions
    Aegir likes this.
  7. Aegir Augur

Alright alright alright! :)
  8. Rovell Elder

See point #1 (glutton for punishment)
    nostalgicfool likes this.
  9. AgentofChange Augur

um ok but I wasn't even talking to you
  10. Communist Puppy Augur

A lot less are changing to zerkers, as they were never good in era, they took until dodh came out to become even onpar with the other lower tier dps. That coupled with the fact that their biggest disc, savage spirit got nerfed, as well as the stacking with shaman epic got nerfed puts them at lower dps then almost every other dps class or psuedo dps class.
  11. Silentchaos Augur

F'n LOL.
  12. Silentchaos Augur

Probably about the same a couple months into OOW for high playtime zerkers. Zerkers require 1) their epic, 2) a ton of gear, 3) a ton of AA. Once they get fully tacvi/anguish geared with their 2.0, dmg aug, and max AA they're the top burst DPS in the game until TSS.
  13. Voss Elder

I main a bst, I wonder if I should box a zerker (or actually main zerker, box bst) or keep boxing my ranger hah.

The ranger is already decently geared, wonder if it's worth re leveling a zerker for nostalgia

The ranger I have is my first ranger, what sort of evolutions do they go through over the next couple expacs?
  14. Anhari Augur

What era did zerker come out in? Post POP? If so, there won't be any zerkers on Agnarr.
  15. fransisco Augur

gates of discord
  16. AgentofChange Augur

Wow thanks Anhari for your amazing contribution to this thread.
  17. crag79 Augur

This forums is for all tlp's not just agnar.
  18. TLP Addict Augur

I'm tempted, but not looking forward to all the work to catch up.

Have a 65 Cleric I can use to help him level, but also bringing up a Shaman/SK combo that probably won't be 65 let alone have many aa by the time GoD drops.

Also, are the raid guilds intending to recruit some or do you expect to have them covered by existing members main changing?
  19. Silentchaos Augur

I'm certain raid guilds would prefer to keep a raid geared main and pick up a new zerker than lose a raid geared main switching to zerker, unless the main plays something useless like necromancer or wizard.
  20. MaxTheLion Augur

Pretty sure that guild would probably lose the player in the end. This isn't some internment camp where people are forced to play certain classes.