How Loot Works (need vs greed)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kalipto, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Arclyte Augur

All need is just common sense.

Do you honestly expect 5 strangers to pass on an item that's worth tons of plat? Most camps in this game do not drop loot for every class. The only way for everyone to have an equal shot at improving their character is with all need.

However there is a line that can be crossed into being greedy. Last night I won the roll for both Loam items that dropped. I let the casters roll for one of them, so they could equip it.

TL;DR = Dont be an idiot, use all need. Also dont be a greedy scumbag
  2. Sturn Augur

Was doing need all at /Sup the other day. I'm a rogue and lost two rolls on the mask Also lost a roll on the dirk but was traded to from a caster. I won a few rolls on some caster gear and traded those to casters in the group. Need all works almost like "NBG" in groups that all have that NBG experience from before. It doesn't work as the default setting.though. Better to need all then when in the right kind of group, just loosely enforce "NBG" by trading stuff or offering stuff to group that you win and can't equip. In a good group it will come back to you. If it doesn't, then just remember those people and beware when grouping with.
  3. LittleBrumski Augur

It's so simple it can be interpreted in different ways with valid points that neither party agrees on!! Norrathian politics.
  4. Sleet808 New Member

I appreciate threads like this, thanks.. all of you. I just came back to the game on live servers and was getting that itch, stupid idea of starting fresh and leveling up a new character with other people again. Reading this is a helpful reminder that Its just not worth trying to re live the past.

So thanks! You have helped this alt addict to at least stick to one server if not one character.
  5. Arclyte Augur

I have played on agnarr, cornaiv and now mangler, and i've never been in a group where loot rules caused a problem.

Enjoy your terrible single-player game on live servers, though
  6. yerm Augur

Nbg hurts playing alts. All need lets you camp an item on one toon then use the item you need on another. Live doesn't have either system because nobody is camping anything with strangers until well past the point of tradeable prizes.
  7. Robomax Elder

people don't follow a set rule . It's Better to Need everything and then Roll on it pretty simple. If something drops thats an upgrade just ask most are willing to give it to you since you were in that group and if they dont it looks bad on them . Thats why its better to grp with guldies most people will follow the rule Need before Greed , and the guild knows who their alts are. Pick up Grps really depends on the Leader and the ML. Its best not to complain either they will just troll you in Public channels.
    I only group for exp. If I need loot I will solo. That's why you should have alt solo class. I dont rely on groups for drops and loot