How long will you go without sleep.....

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by LessPlay, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Pikallo Augur

Hahaha you are so narrow-minded and out of touch I'm not even sure why I'm debating this. I'm sorry that all your relationships are so high maintenance that they require constant attention and have you chained so tight you can't get 2 days to yourself. We aren't talking about weeks or months, we are talking a couple days. If you have a passion for gaming, especially online MMO's, this type of release happens maybe once a year, if that. So going a little overboard for someone who is a passionate hobbyist, is not a big deal at all. I look back fondly on the midnight releases and overnight binge sessions I've done over the years for various MMO releases - from the original release of Velious to WoW's latest expacs, I've always gone a little heavy on the playtime at release.

As for myself, I'm actually not taking time off work or anything like that this time around. I won't be racing sleepless to 50, but here is the difference - I don't look down on those who do and try to tell them they have no life or an unhealthy life because they have the ability to play this way.

So as suggested, take another prozac and go enjoy your boring a$$ life the way you see fit, and let others do the same.
    Qelyn likes this.
  2. Angered Augur

Wednesday 5pm-12pm 7 hours
    Thursday 5pm-drop (damn you work)

Rise Friday

Eat / Smoke / 5 hour extra str

Sleep Saturday Morning or after noon WHEN EYES BEGIN TO BLEED
  3. your bro joe New Member

wives tend to cheat on squares that don't give them room to breathe. Take a break bro, trust me.

Alot of people are exaggerating when talking about having doctors stand by the computer chair (guess nothing is obvious anymore).
  4. Tachyon Augur

Good to see you don't look down on others! ;)

I'm probably good for a few six to eight hour evening stretches, but I have work and a busy weekend. I may grab a day of next week if I can though!
  5. Pikallo Augur

I never said I don't look down on others, I said I don't look down on others because of their habits surrounding a video game. I certainly do look down on people who have garbage self righteous attitudes like his though ;)
  6. Nolrog Augur

Well, I pretty much went without sleep Sunday night into Monday, but that was not TLP or EQ related, so I'm not sure it counts. :p Caught up yesterday a bit, but slept thru the entire NFL game (as did most of the players from what I read.)
  7. MBear Augur

Oh. The Vikings game...
    Worst loss at home in 30+ years!
  8. Laronk Augur

between dates, social responsibilities, raiding the broken stuff I don't know that ill hit 50 in december. I even have a week long vacation somewhere with no internet!

Fricken christmas.

Really I find the most effective way though is 20 hours play 4 hours sleep, it's really not too bad and you're 50 on the 3rd cycle.
  9. Arderd and Crowd Augur

Think you will find wives cheat on the guys that don't pay them any attention and make them feel unwanted or unloved. People like that prolly don't even know it's happened tho, but maybe there is a reason their wives are "ok" with not seeing them for 3 days. My wife is free to do whatever she wants, but guess you aren't aware of what a family is and are probably the model of a square if you think playing games all weekend alone in your room with snacks is way out there and crazy behaviour rofl.

And from the sounds of it, having a doctor standing by is what some of these people, that will play until they get deep vein thrombosis, need. People have died "playing" this game and if some people think that putting your health and family (if you have one) at risk for a video game is ok, then they shouldn't be the ones pitying me. There is a GOOD reason some of these games have enforced breaks.
  10. EQ1999 Elder

Why are you even here? We are going to have fun despite your misplaced ranting.

For the rest in the thread, it's almost time to begin the 14 hour pre-sock slumber.
    Break out your melatonin and ultra-plush sleep mask from Brookstone.
    See you in Crushbone in about 20 hours.

Remember: carbo-load, carbo-load, carbo-load.
  11. Pseudofate Augur

Nothing special for me. Gonna play same as Ive always done. Moderate pace with mini binges. Rolling on Phinny for the simple fact its day one. Something i missed on all previous TLPs. And i dont even plan to log in until 10pm, after Modern (magic) and requisent quality time with my lady.

But people I have only one piece of advice for you all in regards to tomorrow, with your grand plans and time tables...

Hope for the best, but presume the worst.
    A smooth launch is promised to no one.
  12. your bro joe New Member

Didn't u read? Most of the guys wives here are either next to them playing or baking them snacks. Ur wife doesn't let you play so your sneaking on the Internet to troll the forums. Cool.