How is Mangler doing?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by bazrok, Jan 9, 2020.

1. bazrok Journeyman

Took a break halfway through the summer to get ready for the new school year. How is the server population doing? I am getting the itch again... had a lv 59 shaman.
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

Mangler is the highest pop TLP by a long shot. However, it also has no unique ruleset and is about to hit PoP. That means the population bubble is also about to "pop" and it's going to perfectly coincide with 1 (or more) new TLP launches in March. I wouldn't be suprised at all if Mangler experiences the biggest crash of any TLP to date.

I don't really think anyone expects Mangler to do much better than Coirnav or Phinny when it comes to standard TLP's progressing through the era's. If you enjoy Luclin and PoP launch then it's a good time to play for sure. Otherwise, it's worth waiting to see what the March anniversary TLP brings. The last TLP was pretty much nothing the community wanted, so maybe they're listening this time. Here's to wishful thinking in 2020.
  3. bazrok Journeyman

Hmm, thank for the insight.

To be honest, I've played on all the TLPs starting with Fippy, but have always burned out before PoP... if the population is still high, that actually sounds pretty good.

I quit during OoW on live, so I don't have much interest beyond.

Have they officially announced new March 2020 server(s), or is that assumption based on the fact that they seem to pump out a new one every anniversary at this point?

Thanks!
  4. Meridian Augur

nothing official yet, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a new one in March.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

It's incredible that they don't hype their products, but it's been that way for a while now. Coirnav, for example, was announced only 30 days before it's launch date in March.
  6. Shamra New Member

TLP's are getting to be so messed up with the krono and BoT farmers that there are a lot of things you can not do that you pay to be able to do. Folks warping around-sitting on spawns using 3rd party software to collect-whole BoT groups blocking named and quest mobs...not to mention the AOE power leveling...personally I believe I am going to cancel my accounts and go back to live and play free!
    JeffHanson likes this.