How is Fippy for returning players?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Glansberg, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Glansberg New Member

Due to job restrictions I couldn't play on the prog servers up until now. I was wondering how hard it would be to level up on these servers due to the fact that mercs or anything aren't implemented yet. Is the population stable enough to group up to max level? What classes are missing a lot from raiding? Anyone recently start over or start an alt who would like to play during night times?
  2. Trevalon Augur

Go Fippy over Vulak - Unless your a boxer you'll have a real hard time on Vulak.

Though I imagine FIppy isnt a whole lot better either.
  3. Vonador Journeyman

The progression servers are very easy to level up on these days solo (they removed the experience kill cap), and if you can catch up to the player base without boring yourself to tears, then more power to you!

If you're looking for actual interaction for the first 50 levels, though, you're better off either joining a guild right away or just waiting for the next set of progression servers. Lots of people aren't even bothering with the current slate of progression servers because they're too far past what most low-level groupers deem enjoyable. Those crucial to the low-level fabric of the game have been weeded out by now (as they have in most MMO's - remember, the only level that matters is the maximum one, everything else is just an annoyance!), and short of a new server start-up, the same is unfortunately true for the current state of progression.
  4. Glansberg New Member

Yes some were talking about some news around the EQ anniversary but I can't wait until then. I made a necro to bore grind myself to max level just to have something to do while I wait.
  5. Malachi Augur

Well if you aren't set on playing a specific expansion or experiencing a certain era in the eq timeline, might I suggest playing on a normal server while you wait? This might have the potential to be a lot less boring depending on play style. If you don't mind soloing for an undetermined amount of time, boxing another account free of charge might liven up your grind. This also makes it much more viable to venture areas that would be more difficult or even impossible to venture alone in on fippy/vulak.

Sounds like you are already subscribed for a gold account so I guess if you find that sub expiring this could be an option for you.
    Vonador likes this.
  6. Machen New Member

May as well stay on Fippy, I wouldn't assume there will be a new progression server any time soon. Lots of people asking but Sony hasn't said anything at all about their plans. Won't take you long to catch up, especially as a necro, and Fippy is a lot of fun depending on what you are looking for.