How is Agnarr for new players?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sillyfish, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Sillyfish Elder

I don't know the lay of the land on this server and I don't know anything about the content but I have read a few posts where people say that you can make new characters and not be super behind the rest of the pack and that your gear isn't devalued much.

How true is this? Is gear from Kunark/Velious still used? Is max level still 65?
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

Max level will always be 65 and thats a major reason its not possible to fall "too far" behind.

You can buy acceptable gear readily. There are always some alts/newbies leveling up. Some hours are better than others, but by no means is it a low level wasteland like on Live servers.
    snailish likes this.
  3. Scrax Elder

Groups are difficult to come by in off hours, during prime time its easier, there are PoK portals so it's easy to go wherever you need to to group, there are lots of high levels usually willing to buff you, but it helps to have friends or some help, especially if you're very new.

Lots of people will give away free stuff, and some starter gear can be extremely cheap.

Overall you can power level yourself from buffs to 30, then should start grouping in LoY, if you make your own groups this is easier, don't play a pure melee or tank, I'd recommend a caster of some kind. Ideally enchanter, shaman, cleric, necro, ranger, bard, or maybe a tank. The more you go down that list > the harder you will be to get groups and the weaker you will feel starting out.
    snailish likes this.
  4. Sillyfish Elder

Would Beastlord be an acceptable class? I've never played one, always wanted to. Are they of use during the raid and end game content on Agnarr?

Also, are there any encounters which may not be raid, but are often done? Things like King camps in Seb for Fungi Tunics for example. Always someone there even though it's not raid content. (I ask because I really have no knowledge of anything after Velious)

Edit: Oh and thank you for the replies so far. Any help is appreciated.
    snailish likes this.
  5. CaptainSkeet Augur

Any class is fine. Beastlords solo well so that will help downtime, can solo while lfg. Fungi tunics aren’t camped any more because the “nerfed” version drops now. In fact, most of the old world won’t be camped for loot, just xp. The drops aren’t worth a whole lot now, and there are lots for sale. Maybe some Luclin names are still worth camping since they are still nice for twinking. Acrylia Caverns comes to mind, still some decent plat off those items.

As far as raiding, I don’t think any guilds will turn you away based on class. As time goes on and attrition ccntinues, new blood will be needed to fill slots, even if not needed now.

But yea, leveling may be a bit slower now, but all progress you make will stay the same. Level 65 will remain the max. So, level 33 will still be over halfway there tomorrow, or a year from now.
  6. Machentoo Augur

Sure, if only the xp tables were completely different and level 64-65 took the same amount of time as level 32-33.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

Your assumptions are showing.
  8. RandomStrategy Augur

Fungi staffs got nerfed, not the tunic. It's still a worthy camp for the tunic. It has, however dropped off since most players have at least one.
  9. CaptainSkeet Augur

I simply was pointing out that your relative level to max will not change. Obviously you aren’t halfway there in terms of time.
    Ahh, I didn’t know that. Good to know.
  10. HappyPanda Augur

Leveling scene is sparse compared to anything previously but does exist.

Last night from about 6-10p central I saw a group in FoB, 3 groups in Kurns, a couple of groups in Velks (plus regular camp checks happening).
    There are many people in the planes but even the older world stuff is still being used during active evening hours.
    I know Velks has been having some entrance groups off and on mid-day as well but don't know if that is just recently or is normal.

It's all pretty subjective but I don't think leveling will be a huge headache, especially if you find a guild that has people actively leveling or leveling alts and are available to play during the busy hours.
  11. RandomStrategy Augur

I also saw a Dreadlands group last night calling for more.