How exactly do you use this new loot window?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Lambro, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Lambro Lorekeeper

I love it and I hate it at the same time.

It's awesome it just auto loots corpses and filters out what you want and don't want.

But last night I was grouping up with someone in CR and IDK if they were looting or what but I kept hitting greed on everything but it wouldn't ever give anyone loot and the window kept staying open. So I finally closed out of it and then later on it finally started spitting items out to us. Maybe he didn't choose any options or something IDK. He said he had too much to drink in RL and his typing wasn't readable.

Anyways, shortly before he logged I guess he made me master looter b/c my name was now green and I had options in the window where I can tick a box under the roll option or something. By this time I didn't have to hit greed on anything but defiant armor cause I have already chosen what to do for these items before as we have been farming the undead skeletons.

Some defiant leather gloves dropped (not the crude ones the next tier up) so I hit need on them but he logged so I then just hit need on what was left on that loot window to speed it up but nothing happened and it never gave me anything. I kept fooling with it trying different options but no loot was given. I even right clicked and hit give Lambro and still no loot was given.

Eventually all the loot expired so I logged off and went to bed as it somehow was nearing 4 AM.

Anyone know how to use this new loot window properly? It was a little annoying using it in a group the first time.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This might help

3. Lambro Lorekeeper

Thanks for the fast reply will check that out here in a min.

Don't want to start a new thread but bag space is a pita. I have been using the claim reward that is 24 slots or so and 100 weight reduction that fits giant items. But the other bags are tiny with only 4 slots each and I fill them up quick.

Any recommendations on what to do for bag space while out leveling and questing so I don't have to keep selling every few minutes?

Also, I heard of a loyalty vendor so I went to check it out and I have 5,760 marks.. there's a bag for sell there for almost 2,000 marks but it's only a 16 slot which is still a huge upgrade.. should I get that or are there better uses for marks on the loyalty vendor?

I was watching some videos before I got back into EQ and someone said you could buy bags of platinum at the loyalty vendor but I don't see that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Bags: I bought one off the loyalty merchant years ago - they change each month - I got the pumpkin one. It is good for the start and I don't regret buying it. No longer use it since there are much better. I also use my loyalty coin on Token of Resurrection since that allows ANY player to rez ANY one at 96%, even during battle.

BTW you will get 120 more loyalty points each week but you need to spend down to under 5640 cause it will only give you up to max and no partial. Houses you buy thru loyalty do not charge rent. So that's another reason to buy the bag. You will soon get more loyalty to spend

You cannot buy bags of plat from Loyalty vendor unless you are a paid account. You are a Silver account which is free but better than a F2P :)

Ok - Bags
    This is long quest but free and I always get it on all my alts
    Featherweight Satchel of the Courier - Obtained by completing the Courier of Favor quest.

2 more fast and easy quests - only 10 but they are free
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=103902
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=53422

If its cheap enough (less than 4k) on your server I would suggest you buy 2 of these bags listed in the below link that should be in baz (or if your tradeskill is high you can make them) Keep one in your inventory in second slot so all tradeskill goods go into it when you loot them and helps keep your other bags free then put the other one in shared or regular bank.
    Extraplanar Trade Satchels

There are a lot more bags but most require you to complete entire zone achievements to earn them - which a lot of the top players have no problem with but I have only earned one bag that way so far. There is just so much to do to earn them that way.

You could buy a collectors edition of an expansion. Right now TOV is on sale and one of the versions $70 ? has a bag

Random bags will drop off mobs but this is so random I don't count on those.

Finally there are the "unexpanded" bags which can be sold in the baz and then you also need to buy a couple potions - 2k for one of them to "expand" the bag. There are write ups on how to do that.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

6. Lambro Lorekeeper

Wow wow wow thanks for taking the time to write all of that. Love it.

I just hit level 20 a few min ago and probably gonna take a lunch break and then hop back on afterwards. I'm still in CR and I've just been plowing through the quests there. I was a little over the level when I came in from Gloomingdeep so the first few hours I wasn't getting xp but now the quests are having me kill things and turn in their loot so I got a bunch of levels pretty quick.

About that Extraplanar Trade Satchel you linked, I don't plan on doing tradeskills anytime soon. Just never could get into them in EQ though I did in some games but just seems so tedious so would rather not bother with tradeskills yet. Will that bag still benefit me? Like what all things go in there?

And doing achievements for bag rewards sounds fun to me honestly. I'm not much of an ALTer so don't plan on rolling alts anytime soon either unless maybe I decide to duo box another F2P account.. so I definitely wouldn't mind doing them especially on my main to get all the goodies I can. Any good ones for lower levels?

Many thanks!!
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The Extraplanar Trade Satchel will only hold tradeskill items - nothing else. So you cannot put armor in it unless that armor is used to make something else. but it will hold all the eggs or skins, fruit that drop etc. I think it would benefit you cause some of the tradeskill items can be sold for good amounts in the /baz if your a paid account and want to set up a seller. or if you want to get less plat in a hurry you can sell it to someone in /bar and any account can sell to them from any zone.

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=103902 this one will take at the most 10 minutes

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=53422 you should be seeing this one in the quest list for Cresent Reach.

By that I mean if you go to Cresent Reach on Alla it has a tab that will list the quests - I do this for every zone and that way I can see what the reward is and if I want to do it.

There is also Hero's Journey which is the tab called achievements on your character inventory screen towards the bottom. Click that and open it and it will list zones and quests and rewards to help guide you. Some of the higher ones have bags but lower ones have good rewards too.
  8. Lambro Lorekeeper

Thanks a ton.

That one in CR looks repeatable judging by the comments so I might just ran that a dozen times lol

Edit: You only get 120 loyalty points a week? That seems kind of low, no?

Is there things you can do to get more or increase that number?
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

That is max on loyalty points. You will soon run out of things to buy.

If you were a plain ole free account you only get 30 a week and that would be after having the account for 1 year!

You cannot get more than one of the Cresent Reach ore sacks - they are marked LORE ITEM NO TRADE which means one per character and cannot trade them around.
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Surprised I didn't see this mentioned....

For those starting out fresh (i.e. no rich daddy to throw you some large, weight-reducing bags, or tons of Loyalty to buy some 16 slotters, etc), you can get 10 slot non-wt-reducing bags for 1p each in PoK and CR (not sure about tutorial). Deluxe Toolbox. Fairly easy to outfit your whole inventory and bank with those. I just mention this because one of the posters above mentioned having 4-slot bag which fill up so quickly.

In PoK, the vendor is in the tradeskill cluster of building on the north side of the great library. This is the opposite side of the small bank and the main TS cluster of buildings on the south side.

In CR, I just rolled my first new chars in 10 years recently, and skipped the tutorial. I realized I needed toolboxes, and was contemplating running to PoK and then hoofing it back. Then it occurred to me to do a ctrl-F and "Find" a tinkering merchant. That led me right to the Deluxe Toolboxes in CR. I'm sure they're available elsewhere, as well, and this would be a good way to find them :)
    Lambro likes this.
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I have 3 Silver accounts (2 currently paying, i.e. all-access) and 3 F2P accounts. I get 120/week on all six accounts.
  12. Lambro Lorekeeper

Thanks! didn't realize there were cheap 10 slotters to get. That'll definitely hold me over til I get my hands on the good stuff!
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

No worries, glad to help!

If you're on Tunare, let me know, and I'll make you some larger tailored bags :)

This all reminds me of when I was in my 20s. As a young, poor druid, I was able to make some really nice plat by porting people around. Also, at that time, 10 slotters were very hard to get (the Deluxe Toolboxes didn't exist yet). There was a tradeskill made sewing kit for just Wood Elves, but it was 10 slots. I made a bunch of those, and sold them to people as I ported them around. Then I started carrying food and water to sell, and would throw in free SoW and other buffs, and finally added making change for people (converting their copper, etc, to plat, to save them weight!

It's amazing the changes to the game over the years, and all the things we used to deal with, that we don't even think about now!
  14. Lambro Lorekeeper

Thanks for the offer. Sadly I just started over fresh on Bristlebane as it said it was a high population server but now I'm wondering if that was a mistake as I've only seen one guild recruitment thread from that server in the Guild Recruitment section on here. I even went back 3 or 4 pages lol.
  15. Riou EQResource

Most family style guilds pretty sure don't bother posting in recruitment on here, plus open raid forces, only the real raiding ones generally do for the most part, many raid guilds doesn't really mean it sustains a high population
  16. Lambro Lorekeeper

Thanks for the help all. Best community in gaming all these years.

Was able to get some platinum thanks to a few generous people parceling me some when I was asking where to go farm plat at my levels.

Went to check on Bazaar for that Extraplanar Trade Satchel and that thing is expensive on Bristlebane. Most are selling for 10,000! Cheapest is 9,500! :eek:o_O

I'm assuming it's because everyone is high level so the plat is abundant on this server? People have too much of it so the prices are high? lol
  17. Lambro Lorekeeper

Oh also, still been hanging out in CR and Blightfall but just hit 30 so think I'm just gonna start focusing on the xp grind.

Which zones exactly are hot zones? I talked to the Franklin guy for level 30 hot zone quests but he just gives me a quest to kill 5 things for armor. Is the zone it sends me to an actual ''hot zone''? He still sends me to Blightfall which I thought was odd since most things there are starting to become light light blue and green to me now.

I also heard ''dungeon zones'' have a better xp modifier and you get better xp in places like that. I'm guessing they mean zones like Kurn's Castle? But what other zones? That's the only one I remember from back then.

Saw a post somewhere on the web the other day while I was digging for info, that there are also quests similar to these hot zone quests that spawn bosses for even better xp and loot? Where do you pick those up at?

Sorry for all the questions. Been enjoying the game again even if running solo for now. Just looking to grind xp to catch up some. I used to be good at quad kiting too back in the day and rooting/snaring/doting things higher level than me too so I'm up for all kinds of ideas and recommendations.
  18. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes, those are hot zones. So you accept Franklin's task and go to that zone and kill the 5 mobs. While your killing you get extra experience. At the end you get a choice of 1 piece of armor. Free. And some plat.

Now here is something to know about Franklin's hot zones tasks. If you only accept one for the day then that is all you can do for that day.
    But if you take the ones for levels near your level then you can do them all at your leisure. So if your level 30, you would ask for the 20 & 25 & 30. As soon as he will give it to you try and get the next level above yours. The reason for this is you can sell that armor that is the reward and there are some nice hot zone specific augs that drop.

The hot zones change each time the server is reset - usually on the 3rd Wednesday of the month and are also listed to change on the first day of each month.

Don't forget all those quests you do grant experience also. And you should be getting your Adventure's Stone (Adventurer's Stone) to help you in your LDON which are like dungeons. As you go thru your journeys there are many zones that have little goodies like that or maybe an illusion mask or other cool things for doing some tasks.

Everyone has a favorite hunting spot so your likely to see many recommendations. Try them all!
  19. Vhivi Elder

Wow. Very interesting stuff there. I never knew so much of that was available. I have a bunch of characters and generally stick with the 8-slot bags from the vendor until I can work up one of my character's tailoring to make the hand-made backpack. I occasionally come across some of the old weight reduction bags such as those in Lower Guk.

I come and go from the game, usually stay for a few months then take another extended vacation. My highest character is a 68-rogue who I used to do raids. Only succeed in Planes of Power raids (at max) and then the guild broke up when World of Warcraft happened. Still using much of the gear I picked up then. I eventually got two accounts but still working a partner up so I can team my way forward. Getting tough to adventure though. 70 is a very tough level to get to.
  20. Lambro Lorekeeper

Again, thanks soooooo much for taking the time to help people like us.

More questions since I don't want to keep starting threads. Just 2 quick ones anyways. Actually forgot the 2nd question so just gonna ask real quick.

What's up with Auto AAs? How does it work exactly? I saw some answers I found online that you could technically get powerleveled to 115 and then hit that and you basically get every AA in the game? Sounds a bit OP and makes the game less fun.. I remember having to grind for every single AA point which was the whole point of camping for xp with a group.

Edit: I remembered my second question.

I'm a druid and went with a merc melee dps. I've been DoT kiting so far and want him to run behind the mob and swing away to kill them faster. But he only seems to attack the mobs when I get into melee range and turn auto attack on. Is there anyway to get him to attack after my first spell lands? I have it set where I am the auto assist. Maybe I should set it to where I am main tank? Or is there another way to set it up?