How Does Your Guild Distribute Loot?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Belkar_OotS, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Kamea Augur

My favorite loot system is the one where 54 people wait around for 15 minutes waiting for someone's 7th alt to loot a spell rune or some other two-expansion-old item.
    Elricvonclief and Momentum like this.
  2. lolly Elder

Yeah, I used to like a few minutes between the actual events, time to get drink , go to toilet etc ( then I was made an officer so had to do loot calling) ( which used a DKP system , each officer calls one pice of loot, people send tells with their bid, highest bid wins)
  3. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I personally like the system where I have the DKP page up, sorted by highest to lowest, and then call the loot...highest wins, have a nice day :D

I hate all the other rangers in my guild!
  4. Savager Augur

Shouldn't that be Chest: Fllint/Fllint(alt)?
    Corlen-Xeg and Esero like this.
  5. Dr Dice Elder

After being in some very slow loot process guilds. I have to say RoI was pretty darn slick and efficient.
  6. Smokn Augur

Basicly same as roi merit system, loot done pretty fast 2 alts get tons of very Fair when done and managed right, ours based off attendence n other things
  7. Dr Dice Elder

Was in a guild before that charged you DKP if you got an upgrade outside of normal raid hours. Weird system
  8. Bigstomp Augur

We use DKP, a mix of fixed price visibles vs bid non-vis, and during the non-vis a 60 second window from start till close.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  9. Zanarnar Augur

As I wrote one of the bots I can add that mine also stays open until I see the bids die down. ( I use a timed macro, it sends a tell to the bot (who accepts "BIDDING OPEN" and "BIDDING CLOSED" commands), then to the raid then 2 minutes later sends a "closing soon..." message. I have to hit the "BIDDING CLOSED" one manually though. Generally I'll leave main bidding open a minute or two longer then alt bidding.

Once I'm more confident that I've gotten all the bugs out of the program, I will release it for anyone else interested. It currently uses a google apps spreadsheet for data, so everyone can see. (uses sqlite to track bidding locally, so even if it does crash no bids get lost).

Personally I'd KILL for some way for the bot to interact with the client in a legal way so it could reply to people (BID accepted, overbid (reduced to X), invalid format, etc etc) but currently I know of no way to do this so I tend to monitor the alt who gets the tells and respond to people if they bid improperly.

Before this we used a channel for item bids and the raid channel for spell bids. I'd say by switching to the bot we shaved ~10 minutes off of doing loot.
    Corlen-Xeg likes this.
  10. Dueceduece Lorekeeper

Player announces an item/spell and takes tells. Anyone interested in said item/spell sends a tell. Player taking tells Says in OOC "Player A 1, Player B 2, Player C 3, etc in the order he received the tells. Player taking the tells does /Random # of tells. /Random number chooses who wins loot. Old School FTW
  11. Barper Lorekeeper

Very cool, this is basically how Circle of Legends does it as well. It's assigned loot by the guild leader only. The guild leader has a program at her disposal that gives information like how often, how much, when the last time loot was received and is sortable by player. Final decisions are made at the sole discretion of the guild leader using the data and common sense based on performance, class, attendance, need.

We've gotten through chests in T3 RoF (20+ items) in under 12 minutes before, but with alts etc it sometimes goes to about 20 minutes.