How does one get a list of Guilds in game?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Shanarias, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Shanarias Augur

I am trying to find my old guild from Xev (I am happy in Dharken Rhal) but would like to say hi to a few old friends if they are still there. any help would be greatly appreciated.

If there is an obvious way to do this, I haven't found it.
  2. Shanarias Augur

I should clarify that I am only looking for guilds on Xegony.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I am not aware of any place to find a listing of all guilds now in EQ or on any specific server. Now that anyone can make a guild there are thousands and I would imagine a list would be hard to keep up. Make a new char on that server and ask in chat? Have to be a paid account to ask in general chat. Or maybe a cross server tell?
  4. Riou EQResource

You can see a list of guilds on your server in the LFG window in Additional Filters

Unless they actually play there isn't much way to contact them though
    gnomeboss likes this.
  5. Lufraki Elder

6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

A low tech option is making a macro with:

/ all youroldguildname

Of course, if the guild no longer exists, you'll never get any output. In which case, Riou's comment is a good solution. Do what he said, and if the guild is still there, then use the macro I just mentioned.
  7. Scorrpio Augur

Many guilds merged. What is the guild name?
  8. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Can also click on the sunrise hill gate in the lobby, it lists guilds on it.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

But only if they have purchased a neighborhood or put a guild hall in an open neighborhood.

The way that Riou mentioned was hard to figure out at first but then I realized the LFG he was referring to was looking for group not looking for guild duh! So that works about the best I think. Anyway I am not OP but good info to know.
  10. CrazyLarth Augur

11. slayerofbats Augur

If you press G you get a really nice page with a list of all the guilds on the server, the people in those guilds, and a description of each guild too. You can also search for player names and it will show you what guild they are in. Oh wait, that is in every other game apart from this one because apparently the players of this game don't want anything except mass produced expansions.
  12. Ryanxp Augur

This is the only way I know how to do this as well. But, additionally, putting quotations around the guild name might be necessary, ie:
    /who all "Dharken Rhal"
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Yep, if there's a space. Though, if there's one word, or part of a word, which is unusual, you can just query for that string.
  14. gnomeboss Augur

brilliant. the following is a tiny selection from the guilds starting with an A on FV:

A Dingo Ate My Baby
    A Kilo Is A Thousand Grams
    Action Five News Team
    Adderall And Aspergers
    Agnarr Is For Lovers
    All Gear No Skill
    An Internet Guild
    Ancient Dirty Old Men
    Ants In The Pants
    Aplastic Morphology
    Applebees Happy Hour
    Arguing With Thermometers
    As Seen On TV
    Aug Distiller
    Awesome Sauce Inc
    Awesomesaurus Rex

i could (and will) spend hours looking through all of these for the lulz.

one from the Bs before I go:

Baby Seal Cub Clubbing Club