How does group looting work now?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Finfan, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Finfan Augur

Today for the first time in years (decades?) I grouped with somebody. Somehow I ended up the master looter and neither I or the other person who was another returning player had any idea how to collect the materials so we ended up leaving them to rot. So, how does that work?
  2. CatchException New Member

3. Buri Augur

There is an option to go back to the old looting system if you want to, just click "edit filters" in the loot window and turn off advanced looting.
    Learning advanced is better though, even though it's kind of a pita for the master looter. What I do like is when you are moloing, once you set it up, it's basically auto-loot for what you want, and leave what you don't.
  4. Annastasya Augur

It takes some learning, and its complex and imperfect, but the advanced loot system is far better than clicking bodies on the ground, in 99% of cases.

As you see things drop, choose a setting for them Need, Greed, Always Need, Always Greed or Never Loot. The system will remember your settings. There are many options, but for a start if you are master looter click the drop down near the bottom and set it to Auto Ask/Roll. For as long as you are in that zone, in that group, and master looter, that setting will stay and each person in the group can choose what to roll on and with what priority. The items will be automatically randomed by anyone who has checked a box to loot the item. The longer you hunt in the same area or zone the more of the drops you will have marked and the less micromanaging you'll have to do.

Some other options are giving everything to yourself- useful if moloing- , giving specific things directly to a specific group member, leaving items on the corpse (this will free up anyone to loot the item after 5 minutes off the body, or like 15 minutes if it's a raid mob), leaving items up for grabs. You activate these options by right clicking on the item in the window, or the dice icon, or the gear icon. They all do this in slightly different ways but once you figure out the basics, you're good to adventure and mostly ignore it, and items will be looted by the group in an efficient manner.