How do you intend to enforce the 2-box max?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ayoheee, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Ayoheee Augur

Manually via GM patrol etc or automatically in some fashion?
  2. Zinth Augur

they never include such info for good reasons
    Nolrog, Whoops, Dythan and 1 other person like this.
  3. jeskola pheerie

There will be so many workarounds to whatever method they attempt, it will be a bigger joke than Truebox.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  4. Azurefrost Elder

I assume it wouldn't be too hard, especially with live GM service. p1999 is able to reliably stop boxing on their server. Plus if you get some box army running past you that's probably a dead give away. Just need a pic or video of it and send in a petition. Then they can ban all accounts associated. I for one love this. While it's nice to have a second account to transfer items, EC mule to sell while main plays, port mule etc. It gets a little crazy when people use 6+ mage boxes on a true box server to take over any camp they want because you don't out dps them.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  5. jeskola pheerie

[IMG]
    Whoops, code-zero and Xanathol like this.
  6. Azurefrost Elder

To my knowledge they cut down on the majority of blatant boxing. Ip limit and then pretty aggressive with looking out for boxers that most people don't want to log on one for a even a minute to transfer items or port themselves without worrying about being banned. It's at least better than Agnarr where box armeries would take over whole zones or park them all at a contested camp to lock it down since how does a player compete for a spawn against 6+ mages all blasting a target?
  7. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I'm going to box some extra guys and put them on /follow when I see someone 2 boxing then /petition them saying they are 3 boxing.
  8. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I was totally talking about doing this last night, gonna be great.
    Herf likes this.
  9. Machen New Member

In this case it does matter. Would my wife and I playing together on the same IP address each be allowed to box two characters, or not? Can my wife, son and I all play together or not? Pretty critical that they answer this question for anyone who has family that plays, or people at universities, or any number of other scenarios where IP addresses are shared.

Not that I will play on this server either way but it seems like they will need to give some info so people will know what's allowed and what isn't.
  10. Overcast451 Augur

Of course they can't stop it 100% anymore than the police can stop people from speeding or drunk driving 100%.

But then, there are consequences when you're busted too.

I'd suspect people here and there three boxing won't run into many issues, but the blatant ones will likely get caught up in it. That's probably the real intent.
  11. sumnayin Augur

Man I love it...when people talk about enforcing a 0 boxing rule...the whiners always say what about my wife, what about my oldest son...etc etc. Now that they addressed it and said you can have 2 characters per IP...the "always a victim" crowd is going to complain they can't 2 box while their wife 2 boxes...guess what. You can go play on the unlimited boxing server...stop being a victim
    WaitingforMoreEQ and Duder like this.
  12. Overcast451 Augur

Where did they say only two connections per IP? Not trolling - just curious how they will be going about this.
  13. jeskola pheerie

They didn't say anything about IP. They will not do any kind of IP block. It is too easily bypassed and there are too many households with multiple players on one IP, it is literally impossible to do on this scale when running a for-profit subscription-based business.
    Whoops, Tucoh and Dythan like this.
  14. Ragnoruk Augur

Well.. I hope you are caught doing this and that you are banned from EQ. Not suspended but banned. The EQ community doesn't need people like you.
    Rasper Helpdesk and Inictus like this.
  15. Machen New Member

Man you are dense. I already said I won't be playing on the server. Believe it or not there are people with families who play this game.
    Whoops likes this.
  16. Overcast451 Augur

Ok, yeah - I didn't see anything about it on the official announcement. Was curious if I missed something. I'm a pretty dedicated EQ TLP player. Played on Agnarr as well, on Mangler now. Not sure what I think about the PoP/LDoN lock, but certainly like the attempt to cut down on the bot armies and such. With Riz being more open to multi-boxing on the same PC - it might balance out ok.

Not sure what I'm going to do though - to be honest. Will probably chat with some friends and get their opinions on it too... see what they are going to do.

And yeah - IP restrictions aren't terribly effective anyway. I tend to two box, and my wife did in the past - but she mainly plays one character now. Which is why I was curious. Anymore than two boxing would turn this game into work for me - and I'm here for fun, not work.. :)

Even two boxing sometimes... is annoying.
  17. liveitup1216 Augur

There's a whole server for boxing called Rizlona, but the boxers still won't go there because it's an even playing field. They'd rather go to Aradune, try to circumvent the rules so they have actual people to sell to and have an advantage over.
  18. Ragnoruk Augur

Sad but true.
  19. Overcast451 Augur

Yep, that's spot on for sure. But they'll have to be a little more low-key on it.

Well... that depends on DPG's enforcement of it. People are real cautious about driving drunk because it carries stiff penalties and is enforced with some effort. But you can pretty much light up a joint on the courthouse steps now and be ignored.

It's all about enforcement! Rules are meaningless without it.
  20. Duality Augur

Don't worry, the 24/7 rotating shift PLers will just enlist their 7 wives to each box 2