How do non-raiders make plat on mischief?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Falafel, Mar 29, 2023.

1. Falafel Lorekeeper

So this question comes with the assumption that group gear is largely worthless on mischief with all the raid gear that drops on the server.

If that is true, how are non-raiders making any plat? Other than PLing and tradeskilling.
  2. manglered Lorekeeper

3. Crymea New Member

Most people aren't going to tell you their "secrets," but what I usually tell people is to look for stuff that people are always buying. I made hundreds of krono on Mischief before I ever even had a box so it's very doable. Plus, even group players have great gear on this server because of how cheap gear is. Yeah, it might be the previous xpac's if you don't want to spend big money, but that's still plenty good enough to get things done.
    I'll give you some that I did, but not all of my good ones even though I don't think they're a huge secret:
    1) farm "Freeing an Elder" level 65 and level 68 versions in DoDh. You can get the Totem of the Wurines and Swiftmantle to drop in each one respectively and I got anywhere from 1-2 krono per drop.
    2) Powerlevel. All classes can do it just about. Maybe some better than others, but I've had great success doing it as a bard, ench, druid, mage, SK, etc.
    3) AC augs - Riftseekers augs still sell fairly well and if you farm named all over OoW you'll eventually see them. Same goes for just PUG'ing in TSS. You're bound to come by Crest of the Scarlet Legions, Forged Frosteel Ingot, Jewel of the Stalwart, etc. Those sell well and fast and I typically see at least 1 or 2 drop in a 4 hour grind.
    4) Tradeskills
    5) When you have a free night, raid with a gdkp guild and they'll likely let you in on the split if you contribute.
    6) Get the Frostcrypt backflags that are always rotting so you can go farm Power Infused materials. The mobs can be a challenge, but they're very very easy for a PUG group to do. Your tank can't be wearing PoP raid armor, but my bard (in raid gear) is able to tank them just fine and duo with my shaman in there.

TLDR, it's very easy to make krono even with 0-1 boxes without being in current expac BiS. Yeah, you can't beat Joe 6-boxer and kill Hearol every 5 days and be guaranteed a few krono each kill, but there's still plenty of ways to farm plat/krono if you're willing to put in the effort.
  4. MischiefTLP Augur

1) A Collector's Sarnak War Braid (Sarnaks in The Overthere)
    2) A Collector's Drachnid Web Sack (Drachnids in the Dreadlands)
    3) A Collector's Bloodgill Scale (Bloodgills in Lake of Ill Omen)
    4) A Collector's Brittle Iksar Skull (Skeleton in Field of Bone)
    5) A Collector's Excavator Claws (Burynai Excavator in Kurn's Tower)
    6) A Collector's Tump Stump (Mountain Giants in Frontier Mountains)
    7) A Collector's Iksar Witch Doll (Goblins in Warsliks Woods)
    8) A Collector's Canine (Drolvargs in Firiona Vie)
    9) A Collector's Fire Hornet Wing (Hornets in Burning Wood)
    10) A Collector's Nohope Moss (Froglok's in Swamp of No Hope)

Can farm the drops now, quest isn't live yet, Ceremonial Elixir of Scholarship: 10 doses of +100% XP with 30min duration. In general just think of twink gear and good augs and clicks then check /baz. Obviously just because the only one listed in bazaar is at 1mil plat it doesn't necessarily mean you will make a quick sale at 800k so you need some grasp of the market or you can be annoying and make an alt and try WTS <some hStr aug> (get the link from /buyer) at 50% of the lowest bazaar price and see if you get any tells before going to farm the aug or not.
  5. hustlin New Member

The 1st year this was available I made an absolutely insane amount of money farming nonstop on FV. It's pretty much all I did in game until the event was over.
  6. Runes Augur

As people have said above but also just farming straight trade skill items that Shamans and other trade skillers need. If you can forage well, foraging can also make you plat. Basically do the grunt work to gather mats that the people with krono spilling out of their pockets don't want to spend time doing themselves
  7. Appren Gnomercy

Not giving you all my secrets (most of which include tradeskill investments anyway), but some tips:

First off, knowledge. Knowing what items are worth, and deciding what to do with them should be your first thing to focus on (you may already do this, but a LOT of people don’t, judging by the amount of sweet deals one can find on various merchants all over). Tantalum ore when they were worth 100k? yes please. A stack of blue diamonds? yes please.

Use CTRL Shift Left click and ALT Shift Left click on items you loot to quickly check if they are wanted on barter, and sold on baz. On a populated server like Mischief, most (but not all) tradeskill items that are in demand will have buyers as well as sellers.

Also learn vendor value on items, sometimes it can be worth it to just vendortrash something, other times you want to sell it on your bazaar trader, or just sell it to a buyer if its not worth your time to sell yourself.

Some quick examples from current Mischief:
    -Diamonds, sells to vendor for 190’ish pp, a barter might offer 180, and it sells on bazaar for 210 – (if it sells) - you vendor this.
    - Blue Diamonds, sells to vendor for 232pp, barter offers 270-300, and it will (usually) sell on baz for 350-380, you sell this to barter or put it on your trader
    - Tantalum ore - sells to vendor for like 1 plat, barter for 8200pp and bazaar for 20k or so. You put this on your bazaar trader.

Roll Need on tradeable stuff when you group (others will do the same), check whats its worth, and if its not worth your time, take it off need.

Bags - if you don't have the "p2w" 40+ slot bags, at least get one of the Trademaster's component satchels (900 DB coins in game cash shop), to loot tradeskill mats in.
    ------------------------------------------

Other posters had concrete tips on what to farm, know that you can also hit up oldschool raid targets (need to have one other account help you invite low level alts to group so you can do AoC, if you dont have two accounts). These mostly drop tribute gear, but some reasonably good twink items. Try hitting up naggy, vox, and other old dragons, and do Kael Drakkal, at least King Tormax is soloable for quite a few classes at 75, do the others if you can.
  8. FranktheBank Augur

Farm stuff other people are too lazy to. Like me and Shield of the otherworlds. I will not farm the aug, but I want it, so I buy it.
    Crymea and MustardonWatermelon like this.
  9. TheRealMuramx Elder

Invest a little into Kronos and play the market. I know a guy that had almost half a billion Plat and around 600 Krono when Mischief was in OoW, all because he played the market and used 4-5 traders/barters.
  10. Mithra Augur

Can also just solo in an old dungeon like the Hole/Chardok/Sirens for raw plat, gems, TS mats, intricate defiant.
  11. Zohan Journeyman

Do DODH missions. The reward gear given at the end of mission is bad for you but it has no level restriction and sells quite well in bazaar for alt gear. Level 1 char with these pieces can be well over 1500hps, which is why it sells so well.