How do I upkeep mercs with platinum?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by turnstiled, Feb 26, 2017.

1. turnstiled New Member

Hello,

Returning player from 2001, and while I'm mostly caught up with the plethora of additions and complexities to the game, I'm stumped about upkeeping mercs.

When I hire a merc, it gives the option to upkeep with plat, or Bayle Marks. I'm on a Heroic character that came with 100 Bayle Marks, but when it's time to upkeep I don't get the option to use platinum; it just consume a Bayle Mark by default.

Is this because I'm F2P, or will the merc(s) start using platinum for upkeep once I run out of the marks? Just curious as I'd rather not get too attached to the game again if I'll eventually be forced to pay for upkeep with real money, especially since I've managed to farm more plat than I know what do with already.

Huge thanks in advance for any help!
  2. Riou EQResource

It will use platinum once you run out of Bayle Marks, those are just used first before it considers your platinum
  3. turnstiled New Member

Thank you!
  4. moogs Augur

If you want to conserve them for later, when your mercenary will cost more, you could take your Bayle Marks out of your Alternate Currency and store them in your bank rather than in your character's inventory.