how do I set size parameters for a .jpg?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Elyssanda, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I would love to set Ely's new headshot render from IceSy as my avatar, but since I cannot, I'd like to add a SMALL version to my sig line, BUT, it's freaking HUGE atm. I am bouncing off walls now waiting on the figurine.
    [IMG]
  2. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Fantastic!
    Try this, I haven't tested yet. You could do a search for 'BB code'. Which this board uses, but all features may not be supported.
    Code:
    [img=480x640]image-url-here[/img]
    But you'll need to have the dimensions at the correct ratio (or you stretch or squash it), Width first.

**EDIT**
    To put it in your sig you'll need to have it hosted somewhere. But you might be able to copy the address of the one you posted here (which will have an address hosted on daybreak). Give it a whirl!
  3. Elyssanda Bardbrain

sigh not working..
  4. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Try this. Resize the image, be sure to save as a new name of course ;). Then post the small one to this thread. Then copy that URL and use it without trying to size it with BB code.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  5. Elyssanda Bardbrain

[IMG]

Getting there.. this is 330x300..
    I really am in love with IceSy's work on this.. she looks almost exactly as I have had her in my head for 20 years.. (just spent 2 hours with IceSy in discord as she tweaked the hair to a better color.. )
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  6. Elyssanda Bardbrain

[IMG]
    163x150
    I think that's it.. any smaller and she loses too much.
  7. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Yep, I can use that as a sig.. I like it.
  8. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Gorgeous render!
    Elyssanda likes this.
  9. Elyssanda Bardbrain

IceSy is doing an amazing job on this.. I wish I could share more, and holy mother of Tunare I can't WAIT for the figurine, we nailed the pose and accoutrements today.

She is doing a 22nd EQ Anniv special atm on this type of work, so find her on FB as IceSy Designs.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  10. Kidiani Journeyman

Thank you for eating up people's bandwidth :p
    Elyssanda likes this.
  11. Iven the Lunatic

12. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Hah. In before no.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  13. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Iven you cropped out my info and IceSy's sig..
    I wouldn't want that.. I want her to get credit for the hard work she has done for me.
  14. Iven the Lunatic

I posted two versions of it Elyssanda, which are cleary visible to me. One does contain the info and credits but its much to small to be readable so you might want to choose the one without the text and add it extra as plain text.
  15. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Sweetie, do you have signatures turned off? I have one already in my sig file. Thank you for trying to help though.
  16. Iven the Lunatic

Well I thought that you wanted to replace this bad graphic by something better, darling.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  17. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Yours is better quality. you are correct, when I shrank it down, I didn't know how to fix that.. obviously IceSy didn't give me a bad graphic, that was on me.

Thank you, I've fixed it now.