How do I change text colors?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by eci2000, Oct 31, 2013.

1. eci2000 Lorekeeper

Sorry for the newbie question but I didn't find the answer here nor on the web in my search.
    I am not a tech person so I am looking for something simple with a few clicks, not recoding my game. Thus I don't want to change a section of my shout, say, ooc.

What I want to do is have "Say" in a color other than white. I have people trying to ask me a question and it is the same color my damage so I miss a lot of information. I try moving it to another window (I have 3 up) but it seems to move back. I need to get a bold color not used like say dark blue or bright orange.

Thanks in advance.
  2. Brudal Augur

Should be able to make the change in options > colors find /say and adjust.

There is also a command line option I found from here:

/usercolor <Chat Type> Rvalue Gvalue Bvalue

For example, For Say to be yellow, you would type /usercolor 1 0 255 255. This is the same as editing the TextColor portion of your Eqclient.ini file, and the list of Chat Type numbers can be found in that section of this manual. See below for more information.
  3. Reprisal Augur

Alt+O for options menu, then selecting Colors tab is where you want to go. Scroll down to say or whichever you want to change and the button at the bottom should let you pick a colour.
  4. eci2000 Lorekeeper

I will give it a try tonight. Thank you both.
  5. Yther Augur

say or whatever echo will change the color your says or whatever also. And, just /usercolor should bring up the list of numbers and what they mean (used to, not sure if it still does, I just use the Options now-a-days).

Yther ore.