How come shamans never got IVU?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Pikollo, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Pikollo Augur

Even mages have IVU. Shamans deal in spirits and all that. I understand its not quite undead. But shamans are a lot closer to the undead game then mages.
  2. Szilent Augur

There isn't an especially good flavor reason Magicians were swept onto the game mechanical IVU train with other casters, but shaman are definitionally not an undead oriented class. Ancestral spirits are like polar opposites of undead since they retain intention and connection to the living and that connection defines them. They're not a semblance of life, or confused and clinging to the living world, or evilly distorting themselves to not pass on. They've graduated from life, they're not not-dead. Contrast "Weekend At Bernie's" with Obiwan Kenobi or Mufasa. There's the "death is a part of life" crowd like Dumbledore versus the "eff you I ain't going" Voldemorts. Natural versus unnatural, at least in the fictional EverQuest cosmology that also includes level 100 humans & fireballs & such.
    Duder likes this.
  3. Vizuni New Member

they do its a potion
    Duder likes this.
  4. Conq Augur

Shaman supply the rest of the world with IVU potions.
    Conq
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Brexa like this.
  5. Pikollo Augur

I understand that but (IMO) they shoulda got a group perfected IVU like others. If classes that have nothing to do with undead got it why shouldn't the shaman?
  6. Ninelder Augur

I am sure it is on the to do list. It's one of the few things the class hasn't got already. The devs historically have always thrown class distinction and balance out of the window when it comes to the shaman class, why would they stop now... You should probably ask for Harm Touch and slay undead next...
  7. Pikollo Augur

Not sure if you are serious about the to do list but I kinda doubt there is one. Also not asking for anything. Just asking why a class that deals in the spirit world didn't get the aa when others who have nothing to do with it did. Asking for HT is blowing the question out of proportion.

Thats why I said its not "quite" undead. But its closer to the realm of the dead then wizards/mages/enchanters. All of which have the group ivu aa.

Either way was just curious. It seemed at some point they were handing it out and I thought it odd Shaman didn't get it when everyone else did.
  8. minimind The Village Idiot

I had assumed that it went like this:

IvU - INT casters, undead fans/haters and their hybrids

Reg Invis - INT Casters, earthy folk and their hybrids

Others - The devious (rogues' SoS, Bards and their wily ways)
  9. Ninelder Augur

It's the second oldest joke in the game, about how the Shaman class is developed. Ask the older players in your guild about "A quiet night on Norrath..."
  10. Pikollo Augur

I played a shaman box from like Luclin to VoA. I didn't get to much into the feedback side in betas and whatnot cuz it wasn't my main. So maybe I missed it.
  11. Karhar Dream Crusher

Potions, use them, just like clerics get to use cloudy potions for normal invis but shamans have multiple normal invis. Let us have our niche, you have yours.
    Ironkeg likes this.