How can I run more than three Everquest accounts on the same computer?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Agrippa, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Agrippa Augur

I can run three accounts on full settings fine, but when I try to open more than three accounts the launcher hangs and never opens the fourth. I'm able to run the three accounts and play other games with far beefier requirements at the same time fine, too, so I don't think it's my computer. On the off chance that it is, I have Windows 10, 16gb of ram, a 3.60 GHz processor, and plenty of hard drive space. I play primarily on Firiona Vie or Lockjaw, so I doubt it's the anti boxer thing. Any help is appreciated.

Edit: Disregard this, please. Things have changed somehow in the last month and I can open more than three now.
  2. Riou EQResource

3. Mintalie Augur

^^ I also just discovered that I no longer need WinEQ. Previously my computer absolutely would not run more than one instance. Don't know why, I'm not computer savvy enough, but, as they say, don't look a gift horse in the mouth. :p
  4. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

I still use WinEQ 2 myself and only use the launcher on patch days with 1 folder for Test and 1 for Live with profiles for both in WinEQ 2 and then a patcher for both as well.
  5. Mr Dali New Member

You should be able to run multiple accounts past 3
    A machine with 16gb ram should be able to run at least 4 instances without problems.

Keep in mind that it is highly recommended if you want to run more than 4 instances to have a quad core i7, with hyperthreading, as EQ often hugs 1 core to 100% when the instance is active if you have all graphics set to max in the client. The graphics details can be tweaked with Win EQ however.

I have a 3770k with 16gb Ram and it can run a full group without Win EQ and without any problems, as long as you sets the background fps to minimum. It does sometimes run into the "Your Computer is running low on Memory" warning, but that is usually when I have other stuff running to, like Chrome with multiple tabs open ..

Also, if you have a Gfx card with a large amount of video ram, wich most people do today, be aware that Windows 8 (and propably 10 too) by default assigns close to the same amount as your video memory as gfx buffer in main memory. This makes your 16gb of memory suddenly is all gone pretty fast if your system is using 2gb system memory and 2gb as gfx buffer. This setting can changed if you need to.