How can I get my boxed cleric to get updates for Hunter

Discussion in 'Priests' started by CrazyLarth, Apr 28, 2016.

1. CrazyLarth Augur

I box, wiz,sk,sham and cleric.

I started to have an issue of some of my boxes not getting the hunter update or quest updates to kill mobs.
    So I now get all 4 to damage the mob before the kill getting on the hate list but I still have problems with my cleric not getting a hunter kill update?
    Does it have some thing about how the cleric is setup to lose arog?
  2. Brohg Augur

Shouldn't matter as long as he's still grouped, but why is the cleric set up to lose agro?
    Iila likes this.
  3. Triconix Augur

As long as you're in the group/raid that killed the mob, you should get hunter credit. You don't even need to be on the aggro meter.

You do need to be on the aggro meter for things like faction though iirc.
  4. CrazyLarth Augur

i am in the group, 4 toons and two mercs. I casted a damage DD on the mob and I have am not trying to drop argo but thought their is some healer mechanic that does that for healers who heal maybe one of my heal spells I cast in my set up i usual cast a straight heal to the merc tank/sk or group heals and mark the NPC beside the DD to the npc. maybe I need to be meleing the npc next time with the cleric I guess.
  5. Crystilla Augur

I had seen sometimes clerics not get faction kills with just heals, so I always made sure I did 1 nuke and a mark on each mob. Been a while though since I didn't get a named kill except on some where only 1 gets it and you have to repeat but that's not usually hunter.

Which mob was it? That might help trigger folks.
  6. Brohg Augur

When I'm clericking my primary heals are Intras & Contras, crit 0-agroing a Remedy doesn't mess with me. Even when it does, though, like if I just DArb my afk butt through a fight, doesn't impact questing / Huntering.
  7. CrazyLarth Augur

8. Gundolin Augur

Even with max subtly I always get added to the hate list when I cast a group heal, or even better if you make sure your first heal is either a Contra or an Intra as Brohg suggested it should get you there.

But to be honest I think it odd you didn't get credit for it with your Cleric in the zone. I've always gotten hunter credit for named if I was alive and in zone, even if I was on the far side of the zone and not helping.
  9. CrazyLarth Augur

it might be a height issue that floor does have ups and low points . its one Idea I just thought of about that zone.